cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ai cancelled subscription chosen in error but still getting charged

I had chosen the free subscription  for 7 days but mistakenly chose the movies instead of entertainment resulting in signing up for 6 Months !! The automated ai confirmed that the 6 month subscription  woul be cancelled and the 7 day trial retained . I canceled the trial but the subscription  has continued .

Word to the wise .don't trust the AI !!

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Gminwonderlan12 

There is no offer with a standalone free subscription for 7 days 😢

There are offers where if you take out a subscription to, say, Entertainment, you will get a 7-day free trial of Cinema and a 7-day free trial of Boost. But the sting in the tail here is that if you don’t cancel them within the 7 days, they turn into further paid subscriptions,

People can get into a lot of confusion over these, and how Now run them. But regarding the main subscription you are going for, it should be absolutely crystal clear what the deal is, and whether this is a ‘cancel anytime’ offer, or a ‘minimum term’ one.

However, brain farts and slips of the finger still happen; so Live Chat are usually lenient about helping you unwind such deals, as long as it’s not too long since you made the mistake.

But the Nowbot, into whose clutches you fell, can’t make promises like that, and shouldn’t be doing it, and I’m not sure that what you thought it said was what it did say. (Though post the transcript if you have it, and you are sure it said those things).

So tomorrow, get onto Live Chat, as I describe below, and they should be able to help you sort this out - the following link leads you to direct contact with Now (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even if that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.