cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveJenkinson
Advocate

Why has my Broadband Bill just jumped from £28.50 to £46.50 per month?

In July 2023 my payment jumped from £25.00 to £28.50. That was acceptable but now just 2 months later it has jumped to £46.50 per month. The first payment has been taken at this amount and I see the next payment will be for the same amount? Why? I didn't receive any communication to say that this was happening or why?

Can anyone help me?

Dave

22 REPLIES 22
redchiz1
Champion 2

I imagine you reached the end of an offer period, in which case NOW most certainly should have notified you beforehand, perhaps you missed the email?

Unfortunately they don't offer support on this community, you will need to call them directly on 0330 332 3050 between 8:00am and 8:00pm. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DaveJenkinson 

Your discounted rate only lasts 12 months not the lifetime of having NOW broadband. Agree with @redchiz1 that it seems like the deal for 12 months has come to an end.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

Whn i signed up there was a minimum term of 12 months , just before this came to an end i recieved an email informing me that the minimum term was up, and containing some "deals" for another 12 month minimum term - all of which were more than the previous 12 month minimum term.

At the bottom of this was a do nothing offer, keep the same as you have now for the same monthly price, cancel anytime rolling monthly contract offer - expiring after 12 months , cost after that £40 something.

I'm guessing you could be at the end of either the first 12 month minimum term, or the special offer monthly rolling deal .

For the initial 12 month period you should have received an email from either Now or Sky.

for the end of the extended discount period this may not happen , the trick is to keep an eye on when deals/subscriptions are due to expire and when approaching this date keep an eye on what other deals are available elsewhere

Jayach
Elite 3

I don't think there is any requirement for a company to inform you that a minimum term offer is coming to an end. You should already be aware of what you signed up to.

However they may contact you. especially if they want to offer a new deal, and keep you "locked in" for a further term.

Contact Now, and if they can't offer something, then leave.

Jayach
Elite 3

So those rules have been around since February 2020, I have to wonder just how well the ISP's are following them.

It does seem strange then, that there are so many posts on here where people seem to have come to the end of their minimum term, but have no idea.

I have to say I don't see any of those kind of posts on the Vodafone forum, perhaps they are just better at following the rules.

redchiz1
Champion 2

"... so many posts..."? My father-in law got an email, as did @chilli2. But perhaps we knew when to expect them becuase we were aware of the terms of our contracts?

todifor
Mentor

Similar situation here.  Mine jumped from £21.95 to £28.50, it was end of contract term, however, my argument is I should have been notified of the jump in price.  No one should be taking more money from your account than you have previously been advised of.  I have tried phoning to cancel my subscription and like their service I have been unable to get connected, I get so far and get cut off.  I am sure you will find better deals out there.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@todifor 

If you don’t have any luck with the call centre you could try filling out this form.
https://help.nowtv.com/complaints

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help