cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annette007
Advocate

Watching on tv and watching a download on laptop

I am new to this so thank you for your help  I just have the basic account ie one person watch at a time

Im I right assuming that if I have downloaded some programmes to watch on holiday my son who is at home would not be able to watch if I was watching the downloads ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Annette007 test before you go. Download the Now app to your mobile device, download a show (best to use one you don't intend to watch as it's starts a timer on how long you can have it), switch off your mobile devices WiFi and mobile data (or put it in airplane mode), play the download and then put on Now on another device.

In theory it should work as there is no way for the Now app on your mobile device to connect to the internet and report back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Annette007 

You can't download content on a laptop. Only mobiles and tablets. 

For more than 1 stream you need boost. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Although if I am being honest I do not know what would happen if you watch a download and watch on another device without boost. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Annette007 test before you go. Download the Now app to your mobile device, download a show (best to use one you don't intend to watch as it's starts a timer on how long you can have it), switch off your mobile devices WiFi and mobile data (or put it in airplane mode), play the download and then put on Now on another device.

In theory it should work as there is no way for the Now app on your mobile device to connect to the internet and report back.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Annette007 when you've tested it, can you report back here whether it works or not as it may help users in the future.