cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable To View Account Details

Today when I tried to launch NOW TV player I was directed to an offers page that was a dead end.

When I tried to view my account details (billing, devices etc) I got an error message saying "something went wrong" and that they were unable to retrieve these details.

Online chat confirmed that I have an active payed sports membership but couldn't suggest anything other than signing out and back in or deleting browser history - which didn't work.

Same issue on two laptops using google chrome and firefox.

What next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use Chrome or Fire FOX myself, but MS Edge always seems to work for me accessing my online NOW account to check my Memberships or Bills (unless the NOW website is down, where there would be quite a few reports on the Community Forum and NOW Twitter).

If no joy, maybe also try the Community search box by typing something like the error message into the box for any results (which would be quite a few) that can point you in the right direction.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I'm ######, wasn't working when I posted the above, working now without doing anything different. A glitch in the matrix...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oddly the same issue has occurred again this evening.

Stranger, despite being signed in when I attempted to post here I was directed to the sign in page...

Anyone got any idea what is happening?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are getting an error message when attempting to check your online account, then i have come across a number of reasons in the past.

Should a different internet browser doesn't resolve it or using a Private Window or InCognito mode, then are you using a VPN ?

If you have a smartphone with internet mobile data, then see if that works instead of using your home network.

Also make sure in the url address bar that your account is redirecting you to the correct NOW region, where there will be a gb in the middle of the url address for a UK customer, a ie in the url address for Republic of Ireland customers and an it in the url address for NOW Italy customers.

Also double check your IP address on your Router is in the correct region by using this useful website tool in the link below.

https://www.whatismyip.com 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use Chrome or Fire FOX myself, but MS Edge always seems to work for me accessing my online NOW account to check my Memberships or Bills (unless the NOW website is down, where there would be quite a few reports on the Community Forum and NOW Twitter).

If no joy, maybe also try the Community search box by typing something like the error message into the box for any results (which would be quite a few) that can point you in the right direction.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Schnapps,

Thanks for the input.

The issue seems to arise when using the sign in shortcut (which I have used for over a year), if I use the Sports shortcut and then login from that everything runs as normal. All very odd bit at least I'm back up and running!