cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulfee56
Advocate

Tv

I have two now tv accounts one is active the other account is not active. Why are now tv taking money from my account for a none active now tv account? Saying that I'm signed up to a cinema tv package which I am not signed up to and cannot watch on my none active account because I haven't subscribed. Yet there taking £9.99 on an automated renewal for no reason. From an cinema service which I haven't subscribed to,  and when I go to the cinema service it asks me to subscribe and wants a further £9.99 for me to watch it. Yet now tv are charging me anyway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Paulfee56
Advocate

I have two accounts because now tv wouldn't allow me to claim one of there offers on my normal account so I opened another account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Paulfee56 

Why do you have two accounts? 

On the account you plan to keep I’d set up a payment PIN to prevent any new memberships being added without your say so.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

Jump onto live chat to get any chance of a refund. Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

For the account you don’t want to keep email support to get it closed/deleted by emailing support using the address in the below picture.

E8E4F46A-7505-41BE-AAFD-629CFF7FCCBE.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Paulfee56
Advocate

I have two accounts because now tv wouldn't allow me to claim one of there offers on my normal account so I opened another account.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Paulfee56 

No idea why you marked your reply as a solution 🤨

Did you contact live chat when you were unable to obtain an offer on the original account? 

Anyway good luck with getting the refund sorted and closing your other account.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Paulfee56 

Did you imagine that when you started a new account to get the offer, that the original account would stop being charged for?

Because if you had any memberships running on the original account, and didn’t cancel them when you started the new account, then they would just keep running, and being charged for, whether you used them or not. That’s how Now works.

Likewise, those memberships wouldn’t transfer to the new account, so you couldn’t use any membership taken out on the original account when you were logged into the new account.

To sort out the situation you are in now, go into the original account and cancel any memberships there. Then take out any memberships on the new account that you want to continue, but haven’t currently got on the new account.

Set a Payment PIN on both accounts; on the original one to stop it being used again, and on the new one because it’s a wise precaution anyway.

If you like, get on Live Chat and ask for the original account to be deleted.

If the above doesn’t cover what has happened here though, please come back and tell us how it differs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.