cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djhend
Advocate

Trouble cancelling an italian monthly renewal purchased while on holiday

While on holiday in Italy in August we signed up for a month sports pass in order to watch the opening game of the football season on my sons birthday. It was a fraught experience, as we only had a few minutes between arriving at our apartment and kick-off.

Initially I logged in using my UK Now TV account but of course it is not valid outside of the UK and so I purchased the 1 month subscription knowing that we would cancel later in the week before departure.
This still did not allow us to access the stream as it still considered my account to be UK based. We continue to be billed for this 3 months later and I have no way of confirming that the subscription was cancelled as even if I try and log in to the Italian Now TV site from here I am automatically redicrected to the UK site and the account has no record of the Italian subscription.

After this failure we signed up for a new account in Italy and again purchased the month pass. We cancelled this before returning home but continued to be billed for this until I was able to contact NOW TV Italy and they tracked down the account and stopped the billing cycle. 

The price is much better in Italy at €14.99 per month, but having paid twice for an extra 3 months that one game ended up costing me €90 and I've still not been able to cancel the one linked to my UK account.

I have now cancelled NOW TV in the UK altogether, but really want a phone number to speak to somebody in billing to stop the continuing charge for the Italian subscrption. 

Anyone got a phone number? The only one I can find only deals with broadband queries. 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@djhend 

There’s no phone number for streaming memberships, but you can use Live Chat.

The following link, which leads you to direct contact with Now, is for when the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; it’s just a ‘bot, and it wont help you here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

Who have you signed up with?

Now/Now TV Italia 

Or

Now/Now TV (UK)