cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greggp
Mentor

Talk Talk 4k TV box NowTv app error code OVP_00018

Hi, I currently subscribe to sky sport monthly pass, and talk talk recently ugraded  my TV box to the 4k box.   My previous talk talk box I used to be able to view sky red button football games on the now TV app through my box using bonus streams on the sports page.    Since the box was changed these bonus streams no longer work, when you select to watch the game it just logs an error code OVP_00018, I always received the games on my previous talktalk box  so please can you advise?  If these no longer work there isn't much point me having a now TV/sky sports subscription pass anymore?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Greggp 

Also reported in this linked thread below.

I don't think my solution worked.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/no-longer-receiving-bonus-stream-football-gam... 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Greggp 

Just noticed that you was the person over on the TalkTalk Community forum that started the thread over there.

Perhaps contact both NOW Help and TalkTalk Help so they can put their heads together to find out what is causing this error which I am not familiar with.

Could be an issue with the NOW App Bonus Streams on the TalkTalk 4K boxes that needs further investigation.

All my NOW playback devices are playing Bonus Streams fine.

Greggp
Mentor

I can't say I've tried to access the bonus streams on any other devices, I assumed they were only available via the TV box.   I do watch live games on my laptop and also have the now TV app in my android phone , but can't honestly say I've ever seen bonus streams available on laptop or phone?  I assume you can?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Greggp 

Bonus Streams for PC, Mac, tablets and phones was only added in the last week or so by NOW.

Here's a screenshot from my Android phone NOW App showing Bonus Streams currently available for Golf has an example.

Screenshot_2024-02-15-20-54-22-708_com.bskyb.nowtv.beta.jpg

Greggp
Mentor

@schnapps  I have reported this to both Now Tv and Talk talk.   Now TV say it's not there issue, and talk talk have now escalated this to the manufacturer of the talk talk 4k box being "netgem" so they can check and run diagnostics and update software for the box .   They are contacting me within 72 hours apparently so will update accordingly 

Jerez4

@Greggp just read about the problems you were getting about watching bonus streams from the talk talk 4k box which I am experiencing as well trying to watch tennis bonus streams. I can watch them on my phone and lap top but not on the TV. Did you get an answer from Now or Talk Talk regarding any investigations into the talk talk 4k box? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks 

Greggp
Mentor

Great thanks for the heads up 👍