cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertP55
Advocate

Sudden increase jn monthly charges

Without warning my monthly subscription for Fab Fibre has increased from £26.50 to £35.50. Cannot get through by phone. Anyone else ecperience this?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@RobertP55 

Only about everyone who has finished their introductory discounted year, and not taken any further action.

But you should have had an email from Now in the last month or two, explaining that you were coming to the end of your first year, and asking what you want to do.

Look for just about any recent posting here about broadband prices jumping up after a misleading email; they will be talking about the email you should have got.

Have you kept Now up to date with an email address that you use?

Can you search your email account(s) for such an email from Now - maybe it’s in the spam/junk bucket?

Could you have deleted the email as just so much bumf without ever reading it!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RobertP55
Advocate
Many thanks, I'm sure you're explanation is valid. Unfortunately regular
emptying of spam and bin folders mean nothing to be found.

FWIW I'm normally on top of these things, so can't help feeling any email I
may have ditched was not very forthcoming in explaining I was about to be
hit with a 33% increase. I would have picked up on that.

So, seeking other providers pronto.

Thanks again R.

Macca66
Advocate

Same the email they sent is very misleading "do nothing"  mines gone up £20. I feel like ive been conned

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RobertP55 @Macca66 

There was also this not long ago. Check one of the drop downs which gives a number to call.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/changes-to-your-broadband-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help