cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NGATES21
Advocate

RIDICULOUS PRICE INCREASE

Spoiler
BROADBAND AND PHONE CALLS CHARGE UP BY 100%  BETWEEN NOV AND DEC23   £23.50  TO  £46.50  NO NOTIFICATION  - THIS IS ROBBERY

HOW DO I GET IT BACK DOWN?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@NGATES21 

You could start by using lower case. All caps is SHOUTING and hurts our virtual ears 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@NGATES21 

You could start by using lower case. All caps is SHOUTING and hurts our virtual ears 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
NGATES21
Advocate

@chilli2 

@RoyB thanks - sorry I was just so angry that the amount had doubled with no  notification

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NGATES21 

To echo what @RoyB it is rule 3 of the forum 😛

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Community-House-Rules

Outside of that, sounds like your discounted rate for 12 months ended. Which is never a lifetime discount. Granted you should have received an email about this.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/end-of-broadband-contract#

To get it reduced you need call and renew your contract. Make sure to be signed in for the number and call centre opening times.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/renewing-my-contract

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
NGATES21
Advocate

@RoyB 

@chilli2 

@gavs82008 thanks for the jhelp I will call them today  and demand a better deal

chilli2
Elite

@NGATES21 

Two "discount" periods may be in play with Now, when you first sign up you are on a "minimum term" this is commonly referred to as the Contract, once this period comes to an end you should get a notification, in the cas eof Now this will be via email sent to the address you have registered with Now , it may be from Now Broadband or from Sky (Nows parent company) and will have a title along the lines of  "News about your Now Membership " This will/may contain a list of "offers" and in my case at the bottom of the emial was a do nothing clause where they (Now) charge the same price for the same thing  on a rolling 1 month basis for another 12 months, excluding the £3.50 price hike that was foisted upon all.

, Once this second Discount period comes to an end then, unless they offer up a new one the price will go up, if you have been with now for more than 12 months ( ie 24 months+) and you missed the first emial you may not get a notification of the limited time do nothing deal coming to an end.

@NGATES21My suggestion would be for you to work out what internet providers are in your area, and how much they charge and call Now and see of they can match or better the competition if you have not had an email with deals and offers.

If you are in an area with an alt-net, that is an alternative fibre network then you may be able to get a cheaper deal than an openreach ( or Virgin media) based supplier .

@NGATES21AS i have taken time to try and help, I would appreciate it if yo can follow up with what your next move is, if you get a good deal with Now when you call them up to try and haggle a better price, or if you move to another provider and if so who and what package, as my deal with Now comes to an end sometime around April and I may be in the same huge price rise from Now situation as you are, thanks.

NGATES21
Advocate

@chilli2 thanks I'm going to chase it up today with your helpful info to hand - I was only aware of one discount period...