cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racheljehall

Overpayment

When I had the member ship I was being charged multiple times a month for the same membership (£9.99) which not only was I overpaying I couldn't afford this and it was continually taking me out of overdraft. I was paying at least twice a month for at least 6 months of membership. Now I have ended my contract payments are still coming out, please stop the payments from coming out of my account, I cancelled for a reason and now I'm unable to access the content. I've never had any issues like this with any other subscription service it ended when I cancelled.

2 REPLIES 2
racheljehall

@nowtv please give me a refund for all of the overpayments I've made this is completely unacceptable and I should be able to contact a customer service adviser about this issue

RoyB
Legend

@racheljehall 

Are you talking about Broadband, where you have made a commitment Now will hold you to, or streaming, where the ability to cancel is in your hands, month to month, unless you took out a discounted offer, where in return, you accepted a six month commitment?

Without knowing the exact circumstances here, it’s not possible to say whether you took out an offer you couldn’t cancel, or you tried to cancel, but simply didn’t complete the process.

But we are just your fellow-customers here, so while we can offer guidance, we can’t do anything concrete for you😢

Talk to Now Live Chat, and see if they can sort you out. 

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even if that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.