cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tur
Advocate

Now tv stick

Hi hope someone can shed the light.

l have 2now tv sticks one in lounge and 1 in kitchen. In bedroom l have a now tv mini thing that looks like a little box. My question with all these 3 in place how much should Now tv be charging me per month.Is it £9 x3 for the each in the house?

thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tur 

You own the devices already, you certainly won’t get charged for them. 

Just make sure you are signed in with the same account on all devices. Then you are good to watch. If you plan to watch on more than 1 device at a time you’ll need boost.

See this link to tell you about boost.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Tur
Advocate

@gavs82008  thanks for replying. I have 2 emails different emails linked to now tv all under my name. Could it be why they are charging me twice £9.99?. sure when l registered it wouldn’t let me use same email l used before hence had to use different email.

RoyB
Legend

@Tur

It’s £9.99 for an Entertainment membership, and the same for a Cinema membership, and you can watch on as many devices as you like, as long as you don’t try to watch on more than one device at a time (or three at a time if you have Boost, though I am assuming you don’t).

So the question is - have you got Cinema and Entertainment, or have you go one of them twice, on each of the separate email accounts you have?

If you have Entertainment twice, or Cinema twice, then you don’t need that; cancel one of them now, hopefully one you haven’t been using, and no longer use whichever account it was on.

It would be worth talking to Live Chat if this has been the case, to see if you can get a refund, at least for a few months past, for the membership you haven’t been using. The following link leads you to direct contact with Now:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even though that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else to start the Chat.

Going forward, you can save yourself some more money by starting a Cancel on any membership you are keeping; a couple of steps in, you should be offered an automatic discount not to cancel. Accept this, and exit the cancel. Do this for both memberships, if you do find you have Entertainment and Cinema.

Finally, it might be that you have the two different memberships, but one on each account. This is inconvenient, so if it is the case, cancel the membership which is on the duplicate account. You can still keep watching it until the renewal date. But when it runs out, resubscribe on the account you are keeping, so both memberships are on the one account, and you don’t have to swap between them any more,

The little box, by the way, will no longer work if it is white; but if it is black, it is still a current Now device that you can continue to use perfectly well, just like the Sticks.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Tur
Advocate

@RoyB  thanks for the info. I do have entertainment twice but on separate accounts. Will chat with now tv. I tried to tonight but the chat person l was talking to they ask for 4 digit of bank card details,email and home addresse.. is the chat legit was worrying it was a scam🙉

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tur 

Live chat is indeed legit, they will be ensuring the details they have are correct. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Tur 

Don’t worry - the Chat, as long as it is what you access by the process described above, is entirely legit, and the information they are requesting is only what they need to check your claim, and make the refund you should be entitled to!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.