cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NatRUS
Mentor

Now TV is a ripoff—don’t be fooled by offers

I chose an ‘offer’ of Now Cinema for just £6/month. “Add Entertainment for just £7/month’. Great!, I thought, I can get a month of Now entertainment for £13! (Add a free week of BOOST as well! More on that below). So, I’ll get a month of that… Sign up the usual, check the boxes as per usual. What WASNT clear or advertised ANYWHERE other than deep in the external page of the T&Cs is that I’m agreeing to pay this for six months. Now I cannot cancel. PLUS without the SUBSCRIPTION of BOOST for even more money—I get advertisements! Advertisements on a paid service (that alone is an absolutely shocking). Absolutely atrocious, diabolical. 

What the advertisement should say is NOW TV CINEMA £36 for 6 MONTHS. Or Now TV Cinema £6/month (minimum 6 month contract). But, it doesn’t. And you know why. You know exactly what I’m talking about. It’s deceptive, and I’d never touch Now TV or Sky services with a twenty-foot bathe pole in the future. And before the apologists for this multi-billion dollar company begin scoffing that I should have read the T&Cs… who does that, do you? Do you read pages and pages of small legal text before you sign up for a TV subscription service? Who isn’t used to checking the box to agree to use a service? 

Additionally, I cannot find a phone number to talk to a human, and chat operator was arrogant, unhelpful and did a great job at earning his minimum wage defending a multi-billion dollar company. If there’s even the slightest ambiguity or deception involved—you know there’s something wrong (they could’ve added three more words to the advertisement, that’s all). I’ve never had a single unresolved issue with Netflix.

If anyone knows of a phone number where I could speak with someone helpful, I’d be very much appreciative.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NatRUS 

Where on the offers pages are you not saying he 6 month minimum term? It's clearly pasted across all of its offers.

Image.png

Also there is NO phone support, only for broadband customers. 

You want live chat. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
NatRUS
Mentor

@gavs82008 thanks for your reply, appreciate your help. No, like I said, there were no clear indicators of a minimum 6 month obligation. The page was nothing like the one you show. It wasn’t a home page or a ‘front end’ page. It was a ‘special’ page illustrating an offer ‘just for me’. Just a tile with a huge get a month of now tv for just £6. Then another tile below stating add now Entertainment for £6. Then another tile below offering a free week of Boost (which I was even more surprised to learn of.). My mum wasn’t well so I thought I’d get her a month of cinema to watch whilst she was in bed, I thought I may as well go all in and get entertainment too so she could possibly find some series she may enjoy. In all, there was no indication of a 6-month stretch. In all sincerity, I’d have considered extending it at my own descrection on a monthly basis (as I end up doing continually with Netflix) but the deceptive marketing really rubbed me the wrong way.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

The six month offers are garbage.  I get £1/month for 3 months offers via email which I can cancel at anytime.

If you are stuck on a 6 month offer you don't want, get a revolut card, make that the payment card and have less than £5 in your account.

Vazap
Advocate

@NatRUS Don’t bother with Nowtv’s Rip-off Paynent schemes. They are the worse in terms of business practices and their content has become mediocre. 
I unfortunately just joined and am leaving right away. Now tv suck!!  

RoyB
Legend

@NatRUS 

I don’t suppose by any chance you took a screenshot?

I can very much take issue with how Now obtain consent for these offers, but have not yet seen anything that would make me take issue with the descriptions of them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.