cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuepper
Scholar

Not responding to complaint of overcharging

I asked on the phone how to make a complaint and the guy just said he'd made a note of it and his manager would respond by email or text within a few days. That was a month ago and i've heard nothing. I can't see any email for customer services and don't want to phone as I'll be racking up costs that might end up being more than I'm owed. How do you complain ? I looked at Ofcom website and it says I can't complain until i've exhausted Now's complaints procedure but how can i do that when they aren't responding??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

46 REPLIES 46
redchiz1
Champion 2

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kuepper 

Is this for Tv or broadband?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Both are covered in that link @gavs82008.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Thought to ask just in case 😜

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
kuepper
Scholar

I couldn't see anything in that link that helps in terms of documenting how I've used and exhausted Now's complaints procedure - BTW this was to do with a broadband contract .   So I phoned again and was told money I am due to be refunded would be paid on a certain date. That didn't happen so I phoned again and was told payment would be made within 3-5 business days. That hasn't happened. So how can I ever prove to Ofcom or to the Small Claims Court that I've complained at all and where is Now's complaint procedure laid down anyway?

Jayach
Elite 3

@kuepper wrote:
and where is Now's complaint procedure laid down anyway?

NOW complaints procedure and codes of practice (nowtv.com)

Jayach
Elite 3

@kuepper wrote:
 don't want to phone as I'll be racking up costs that might end up being more than I'm owed. How do you complain ? I looked at Ofcom website and it says I can't complain until i've exhausted Now's complaints procedure but how can i do that when they aren't responding??

As it's for broadband there is a free phone number to call.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

And by invoking the complaints process, you will be told when you have reached "deadlock" and issued a letter/email to prove it. With those you can go to arbitration. (CISAS)

kuepper
Scholar

Yes I've used the free phone number but I can't prove I've complained to Now, everything has been on the phone so there is no documentary proof of my complaint and of Now's lack of response.

Jayach
Elite 3

I've not used Now's complaint procedure (I'm not with Now) but there is a difference between complaining and raising a complaint. (although both should be recorded by Now)

An official complaint should get you a reference number, so you can follow it up later, and the steps taken taken be noted. (this is how I understand it, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will let us know)

You can also make a subject access request (SAR) to see what info they have on you which should include your phone calls to them. Your right of access | ICO

You haven't said why you feel you have been overcharged, perhaps if we knew that we could offer more specific advice.