cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dolphin246
Advocate

New debit card

Hi my name is Teri and when I tried to update my new debit card details this message popped up saying oops something was wrong saying my new card wasn’t authorised but I pressed confirm to authorise but the same message just comes up every time I have tried it. Can anyone help me with this please?

Teri Armstrong.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dolphin246 

I updated my Sister's debit card on her NOW account yesterday with no problems.

Have you used the new card already at say a cash machine or at a store ?

Also maybe try another internet browser when updating the card.

You could also try the Community search box for other things members have found to get their new card updated on the NOW payment database.

RoyB
Legend

@dolphin246 @schnapps 

I got a new debit card recently, and I had to use it somewhere where I put my PIN in to authorise it.

Knowing the PIN and using the card with it is enough for the bank to consider that the card has not fallen into the wrong hands in transit to you, so only then will they allow it to be used for contactless or CNP (Customer Not Present)  transactions going forward.

And updating your details with Now Is a CNP transaction, even though no money changes hands at the time, as it authorises money transfers for the future.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.