cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe19
Advocate

NOW TV business

Might not be in quite the right forum, sorry. Can NOW TV be used in a business/commercial setting or is it only for personal use?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Joe19 

As long as its for personal use yes you can get NOW broadband.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

The broadband sevice is intended for domestic use only,and while you and others can use it for business use there are a few limitations;

no VAT receipts, its paid for from a credit card

Lower Service level agreement , business accounts usually come with enhanced support, optins of fixed IP addresses and if things go wrong an expediated fix, not to mention add ons like mobile back up - you will get none of that wilth Now, just the regular openreach repair service shold soething go wrong.

And the router isnt that great either.

If you are thinking of using it in a cafe or other location for public/shared wifi be aware that the bill payer will be liable for anything that happens on the network, from downloading/uploading copyright films/music and much worse, you should look at comercial wifi hotspot providers to help you provide such services

RoyB
Legend

@Joe19 

You should read this document to ensure that any use you want to make of Now broadband is not going to breach and of Now’s Terms and Conditions:-

https://web.static.nowtv.com/images/docs/now-broadband-contract-dec-21.pdf

In particular, I would draw your attention to:-

3.1 The NOW Broadband and Calls services are for private domestic use by you and members of your household only and they should not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using the services for domestic purposes (for example, for commercial or business purposes).

WFH seems to be unofficially tolerated, though, and there’s even a bit about how to connect to work VPNs in the Broadband Buddy stuff. But Now aren’t going to promise anything other than the availability compatible with domestic use. So straight up commercial use, no, sharing Now WiFi in a cafe, no, running a server farm, no.

But as per the posts above, if you want to do any of those things, Now probably won’t have the availability you need.

Even with WFH, my requirement to be on call 24/7 necessitated a broadband provider likewise available 24/7, and a cellular backup that I could switch to in minutes if the landline went down.

Now don’t provide anything like that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.