cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riam
Advocate

My account has been wiped

Hi all,

I've just gone into my account to amend my membership and payment options. Noticed that my account has no history anymore! It doesn't even have the packages i'm subscribed to originally. It's giving me the option to subscribe to packages as if i'm a new user. 

The billing section has also been wiped with no trace of previous payments at all, and i've been a member since 2018! 

Trying to reach out to customer support but i'm hitting the bot wall. I'm so furious i just want to cancel everything now. Please advise!

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Riam 

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; it’s just the Nowbot again which, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations - it’s OK for finding things in the Help, but that’s about it - and it won’t help you once you get to this stage.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Riam
Advocate

Thanks Roy! I got in touch with a live agent. They kept saying i have another gmail account (which i don't). I told them there's a sort of a bifurcation which took place when i cancelled my broadband membership. 

At the time, my account appeared as if it were reset. All information pertaining to NOW TV disappeared, including payments/bills/packages i'm subbed to. Instead, the account looks like it has never been used.

They kept insisting i have another gmail with NOW TV (one letter is different) - i'm sure the NOW Broadband people messed up. No help at all fixing the mess. 

All i can do now is block NOW TV payments on my credit card - and delete the account. Shame after all those years spent. 

RoyB
Legend

@Riam 

You can perhaps try checking Now’s assertion for yourself, if this extra account has been set up with the same card, or with another of your cards:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

If you haven’t already tried this, that is,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.