cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawn
Mentor

Incorrect EE TV email address

How do I contact NowTV to get them to update the email address that links my BT account to NowTV?  For some reason, the email address from BT is NOT my email address, so when I log into NowTV I am unable to register my EE TV subscription ☹️

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@Shawn 

You don’t, you get BT/EE to put their mistake right.

But if you have EE TV, BT TV as it then was, then go onto the YouView box that they supplied you with; and you should be able to use both the Now channels in the EPG and the Now channels on the Now app, as BT should have preloaded the correct details on them, and you don’t have to give them again.

But if not, then that is another thing you should take up with EE TV.

Their Community is here:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/bd-p/YouView

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Shawn
Mentor

@RoyB Whilst I appreciate that it is BT’s issue, they have told me that I need to contact NowTV to change the email address for the subscription.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Shawn 

What they told you is utter rubbish! 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/ee-tv-support

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008  cc @Shawn 

A deep dive into the articles behind the link you gave will reveal that a genuine change of email address should indeed be carried out on the Now account on the Now website, even for those who subscribe via EE TV.

But I think the circumstances here are different from that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

EE love to wipe their hands clean of NOW account issues don't they!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

Can you blame them? 😛

RoyB
Legend

@Shawn 

Let me get this straight - you have bought Now as part of an EE TV package, you didn’t have Now in your own right previously, you have told BT what you email address is, but BT have inexplicably set your Now account up with a login email address that you don’t own, don’t recognise, and don’t have access to?

You say you can see that on the BT Community page you have to correct this for yourself, and I can see how this would work if you were actually changing what your email address is; but as BT have got this wrong for you, there may be things they need to fix on the BT side, so you ought to ask them to do the whole job of getting it right.

I also think that, while there certainly are things you won’t be able to do with the wrong email address set, this shouldn’t include not being able to log in to Now with it, for the time being at least, until it is corrected.

So if you have that problem, there is something else going on.

Could you post your issue on the BT/EE Community, and see what the Mods there have to say?

I remain deeply sceptical that if EE mess it up for you, it is your responsibility to fix it.

Shawn
Mentor

@RoyB Hi Roy,

I’ve looked at their community page you gave me and it clearly states that to change the email associated with your membership you’ll need to contact Now.

RoyB
Legend

@Shawn 

Glad to see the EE Mods are on it.

Who’s Amanda? 😛