cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishmael
Observer

I need to force a log out

I stayed in an Air BnB over the last few days and logged into my Now TV account. Problem is that the internet went down while we were there and I was unable to log out of the device before we had to leave. I figured that a password reset would force a log out so I changed the password immediately but when I got home, the NOW TV app on my TV worked immediately so I guess that won't work.

The section on removing devices seems to just tell you that you can't remove devices. It seems to be suggesting that I would have to sigh into a series of new devices to 'bump' this Air BnB one off the list, as it only remembers 6 at one time but this is obviously entirely impractical.

From reading other threads here, removing devices remotely was once something that could be done but now it can't be. I've just added a payment pin to stop anyone buying anything and apparently if I can talk to someone at NOW TV live chat then they *may* be able to force me out of every device but obviously no one is around now and I sort of wanted to get this sorted asap.

I don't even know why I'm writing this. I'm talking to no one, saying nothing; I've read everything, it cannot be fixed.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ishmael 

As you’ve seen other threads about the removal of devices then you would have seen that the only method just now is to speak to staff and request them to force log out of ALL devices. 

Live chat, which can be accessed by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Ishmael
Observer

Thanks for respondig! As you've seen my post about the removal of devices then you would have seen that the problem is that obviously no one is around now on the live chat and I sort of wanted to get this sorted asap.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ishmael 

Sorry to say it can’t be resolved on the forum. No staff for account issues post on the forum. 

More importantly staff seldom post on the forum. 

Your best to keep trying until you can get to an agent on live chat.

Alternatively you can email support using the address in the below picture. However it might not be an instant reply.

9BA10825-66E8-4A9F-8225-C9790DD5BFF2.jpeg

Good luck however!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Ishmael 

You used to be able to force logout for yourself, but Now broke this in an ‘upgrade’, so now you have to ask Live Chat to do it for you, in whatever hours they are currently working.

As you have found, changing your password doesn’t log you, or anybody else, out of a running ‘persistent’ Now session - e.g. on a TV. Unlike on a tablet or phone, where you have to log in each time.

Also, pushing someone off your list of six devices doesn’t work either; you can have many more than six connected, but only the most recently accessed, or having downloads on, six will be shown. But the seventh will pop back up when used, as the new first, and the sixth will be pushed off.

Once you’ve set a Payment PIN, no-one at that AirBnB will be able to open any new memberships, but they will still be able to use all your existing ones. Thereby using one of your three sessions, if you have Boost, or your one session if you don’t, thereby preventing you from using it while they are.

So get them blown away ASAP 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.