cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to force account signout on a device?

Hello everyone,

Long story short; broke up with my partner and we used to watch NowTV together at theirs, turns out I'm still signed in at theirs. I have since changed my password and removed it from my device list but it keeps coming back. Why is NowTV allowing the account to be used after a password change and removal of the device?

Is there any way to force a sign out?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This link will give you some indication how to log out of all devices when changing your password.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-change-email-address
To save you having to sign out of all your devices manually, you can force a logout from any devices you're signed in to. To force a logout, reset your password and when you get to the Manage permissions page, select NOW TV and click Remove.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct - this does NOT work.  I forgot to log out of the TV app on the LG TV at a holiday rental before I left and so I changed my email AND password on account and removed NOW TV etc when I got home. 

However, when I went to log on to my own app on my LG TV, it went in no problem - did not ask me to sign in again.

After that, I followed the advice re the 6 devices max.  I had to find enough devices to log in to and play something on to bump the holiday rental TV off the list!  It's a total nightmare and whilst I see it's bumped off the list, I have no idea if it actually worked.

Why is it so difficult to remove devices on NOW TV when any other entertainment app makes it so simple?