cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to force account signout on a device?

Hello everyone,

Long story short; broke up with my partner and we used to watch NowTV together at theirs, turns out I'm still signed in at theirs. I have since changed my password and removed it from my device list but it keeps coming back. Why is NowTV allowing the account to be used after a password change and removal of the device?

Is there any way to force a sign out?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This link will give you some indication how to log out of all devices when changing your password.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-change-email-address
To save you having to sign out of all your devices manually, you can force a logout from any devices you're signed in to. To force a logout, reset your password and when you get to the Manage permissions page, select NOW TV and click Remove.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This link will give you some indication how to log out of all devices when changing your password.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-change-email-address
To save you having to sign out of all your devices manually, you can force a logout from any devices you're signed in to. To force a logout, reset your password and when you get to the Manage permissions page, select NOW TV and click Remove.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you 🙂 That worked

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had similar problems. My daughter’s ex boyfriend was signed into my account so I changed my password and removed his device. He somehow managed to automatically log back in. I done the same again. And again, except this time I was told to ‘manage permissions’ to make sure the Xbox would not be able to access my account. I was reassured by Now TV Customer services again that this would definitely work.

16 months later and the Xbox has appeared on my device list again. 

I have been told that this Xbox, despite being forced to log out and having reset my password, is automatically signing in. 
This time I have been told to change my email log in as well as password. After reading one of these responses I’m now thinking this won’t work either. 
I’ve wasted hours chatting with Now TV customer services over the past 16 months and I’m fed up with it. I’m paying for a service that I can’t always use because someone has hacked in and freeloading. So much messing around, signing in and removing a device, changing my password and wasting time chatting to customer service, just to try and watch a movie. 
Now TV really need to get this sorted. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you do this:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-password

You can force a logout from any devices you're signed in to. This means that next time anyone tries to use one of these devices, they'll need to sign in again. To force a logout, reset your password and when you get to the Manage permissions page, select NOW and click Remove.

Now just sign back in on each device with your new password.

and so you had to sign in afresh on all your devices?

If not, a password change won’t remove an existing signed-in device, and nor will deleting the device from your device list (in the old days when this was possible).

Failing that two possibilities I can think of:-

You changed your password so little that the new one was easily guessable from the old one;

There is some social engineering going on to obtain your new password.

Have you set a Payment PIN, by the way? There are worse things a freeloader can do than just watch on your existing passes, like buying another sort of pass on your account, unless you have set a Payment PIN. And when you do, keep it to yourself. No-one else needs to know it beyond the person with the purse strings, not even family members.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. 

I’ve changed the password to something completely different each time. I even changed the password to my email account, just in case the freeloader was somehow getting my password by somehow logging into my Mail. 
Now TV said this Xbox device is set to automatically sign in, even after forced sign outs, password changes and Managed permissions. So bizarre. I’m pretty tech savvy but this has thrown me. 
Thanks for mentioning about the pin, I will double check that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to mention…yes I had to sign in on my devices again with the new password. So if I have to sign in, how is the Xbox managing to sign in if they don’t know the password. 
As I mentioned, Now TV said it’s set up to automatically sign in. But how?

sounds more like a bit of hacking going on somewhere. Other than email, which password has been changed, I can’t think of how else this person is finding out my new passwords every time. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Contact chat and ask for a device reset.  Then change password.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

simply does not work 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Are you the account holder?