cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to cancel my Cinema subscription started by mistake last night

My wife last night was having problems with our broadband service (Virgin) which was manifesting itself on her NOW set top box in error messages.  She mistook a restart cinema message from NOW as being a way of sorting out the broadband problem and clicked on it. Nothing happened except that we are now being billed £9.99 per month for (re)starting the NOW Cinema service. When I found this out I immediately cancelled the subscription but it continues to run for this month - and we are going to be billed £9.99. How can I contact NOW to get this billing rectified? (Note: Nothing like this happens with Amazon Prime Video which do not engage in this kind of sharp practice but always allow for accidental purchases being reversed)

AK 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use this link to get through to live chat, make sure you click “chat online” if you click “get help quicker” this is the unhelpful bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Alternatively you can send an email to customer support using the address in the below picture.

3DE5560D-AA8D-4785-B6CF-F4F3F269010E.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you say you cancelled the membership, did you get a cancellation email? 

The process is annoyingly length but there are several pages to go through for the cancellation to take place.

Even though this link indicates it is a straight hit cancel your done

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I received the email billing notification I immediately went to the link and cancelled it. So I logged onto my account and cancelled the subscription for cinema. Which then told me that I would not be billed next month - but carried on with the payment for this month (i.e. £9.99)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you cancel a membership you should get an email confirming it’s been cancelled.

Did you go through the cancellation process until you saw this (below) but saying you can keep watching til dd-mmm-yyyy? 

gavs82008_0-1634371692053.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - I got the equivalent message for Cinema. But as I said I cannot upload a screen shot because I am too new(!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW help appears to be "bot-only" and I cannot get hold of a human NOW employee to correct this error

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use this link to get through to live chat, make sure you click “chat online” if you click “get help quicker” this is the unhelpful bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Alternatively you can send an email to customer support using the address in the below picture.

3DE5560D-AA8D-4785-B6CF-F4F3F269010E.jpeg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also i would recommend adding a payment pin to your NOW account, which should hopefully prevent this happening again.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for this last tip - I have now included a Payment PIN on the account. The sales person at NOW tried to upsell me but I stood my ground. After checking that everything I had said was true and that there was no use whatsoever of the NOW account after the purchase (so I was clearly telling the truth in that the purchase was done in error) she set up the facility to refund the full amount to my debit card

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to upload a screen shot showing the image saying that I had a subscription saying that I had a sub until 15 Nov 2021 and cancelled thereafter but I am too new on the system to be able to upload screenshots (!).

Everything is working against me to file a complaint and get matters reversed