cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ownwonnow
Scholar

Ever Had A Compensation Credit?

Just trying to gauge when I can realistically expect compensation to be credited to my NOW account based on others' experiences.

On 1st Feb NOW wrote "...you'll receive  the amount above as a credit on your next monthly NOW Broadband payment. You can check your next monthly payment date and see recent and upcoming payments in My Account [link]."  Well my "next monthly" payment is due 16th Feb and is showing, however there is no such credit showing.

Also, can anyone confirm that hypothetically if the amount a NOW account is in credit is greater than the monthly payment, will NOW still take the monthly payment from the payment card, in effect leaving the account permanently in credit until presumably NOW membership is cancelled and then they refund the payment card or post a cheque?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ownwonnow 

Credit from what TV or broadband? For either I would suggest getting in touch using the complaints form (even though it’s more you just asking).
https://help.nowtv.com/complaints

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ownwonnow
Scholar

The latter.

Had already contacted them with the questions. No response.

RoyB
Legend

@ownwonnow 

From my experience, credit is used before card payment is taken.

Credit is account by account, if you have more than one, and won’t be spread across them though.

But that’s on streaming; I can’t answer for broadband.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ownwonnow
Scholar

Can anyone clarify under which section credits may appear - Upcoming payments or Recent payments?

NOW say they've already credited my broadband account days ago but I don't know if the credit is not showing because there is no line credit items under these sections, there's a mistake or they're lying.

The customer service agents are terrible and no help.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@ownwonnow 

Just wondering, did the credit appear on your latest bill?

Pussedoff
Observer

Useless customer service, been give £360 compensation but unable to access it! I need to leave the company, Openreach gave me compensation so why are Now TV keeping it in their bank account and telling me it will offset future bills? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Pussedoff 

Call the broadband team to find out. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help