cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Efejotaele

Cooling-off period right

Hi,

I signed up for a 6 month minimum term plan just to watch Inside No. 9, but since it doesn't have subtitles I want to cancel.

I understand there's a cooling-off right of 14 days, but people on the chat can't seem to help me with that.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Efejotaele 

When you say chat, are you talking about a bot where you get default replies? 

Or is it live chat and your talking to a member of staff?

To talk to staff, you need to make sure to click "chat online" within the green box. Don't hit "get help quicker" as this is the bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Efejotaele 

Streaming services, where you want to start using them immediately, have to be an exception to the 14-day rule, otherwise you would have to wait 14 days before you could stream anything,

Clearly you haven’t, as you have seen that Inside No. 9 doesn’t have subtitles.

However, there is a provision for issues like this, where Now charge you pro rata for the few days you have had the service, but release you from the rest of the contract.

They have done this for someone recently (look up “cooling-off” in the search box at the top and you should be able to find it, along with rather more about the niceties of this topic), so they ought to be able to do it for you.

Read up on it, then go back to Live Chat, remind them of the customer they just helped in this area, but ask nicely if they can do the same for you, rather than banging on about ‘rights’.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

All series of Inside No.9 are freely available on BBC iPlayer, complete with subtitles, to anyone who has paid the TV licence fee. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

All series of Inside No.9 are freely available on BBC iPlayer, complete with subtitles, to anyone who has paid the TV licence fee. 

@Efejotaele 

‘All’ being 8 series to Now’s 6. Great find, @redchiz1 !

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.