cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris101

Chat agent asking for full credit card details

Hello,

I have had an overdue payment for my broadband and recieved an email from [email removed] to call  03337 594 851 about making the overdue payment. I called and after some legitimate security questions (Including last 4 digits of my card) I got supposedly forwarded to the accounting help centre. I was then asked for my credit card details point blank as well as my mothers maiden name. Additionnaly I was told that I can only "restore" / unblock my account via this call centre (This turns out not to be the case you can just as easily do it online. )

I do not know if it was legitimate or not. If it was legitimate then I must say this is a very bad security practice.

I would apprciate any explanations to what had just occured.

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

It could be a scam, it is not a number I recognise. You are right, you should never disclose your full card details and shouldn't be asked for them. Call 0330 041 2518 which I can assure you is a legitimate number. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chris101 

Definitely sounds like a scam. Call the number provided by @redchiz1 which is legitimate. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
EastWarwick

@Chris101 similar experience with an official NOW customer care on phone in Mumbai ...was helpful to get me connected. However in the latter stages on in the call started phishing and at one point asked for my mother's maiden name...told him to swivel, they are clearly trying it on.