cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonny
Advocate

Charged for Boost that I never asked for

Why have I been charged for Boost again!!!! Why is there no one to talk to me to explain this? I expect a refund by the end of the day or I'll cancel everything

10 REPLIES 10
redchiz1
Champion 2

Probably a free trial as part of another membership offer. All memberships are listed along with duration and payment dates in My Account. You won't get a response from NOW on the community, click on the green Chat online button near the top of the page here.

Jonny
Advocate

You must have nothing else to do? Asking for a friend 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jonny 

Do you actually have a friend? With that attitude towards others I'm surprised. Why post on a forum if you don't expect an answer? I should have just ignored you and let you cancel everything, see where that would have got you. 🙄

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Of course he hasn’t got a friend, if he had, he wouldn’t be asking for one 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Kylie1988

I had the same issue not used Now in months cancelled everything to find I have been charged for 2 boosters and the Robot is no help!

Jonny
Advocate

Hi Kylie.

Press them, Keep complaining until you get what you want. We pay them, they don't own us. Any advice on how to proceed please ask, I'd be most happy to help 

Jonny

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jonny @Kylie1988 

As mentioned by @redchiz1 ALL offers on the website offers section shove in a free trial of boost (not boosters). Then it’s £6 unless cancelled. 

Before you get trigger happy with cancelling it, you should read this to see what you’re getting with it. For an FYI, I am only paying £2 a month for it and have been for the last 18 months thanks to the cancel game.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jonny
Advocate

Hi Gav82008

I ask myself why I'm replying to you, but I suppose the answer is part of a larger question of why do we answer anyone? 

You, I assume do not work for Nowtv, and yet you are willing to waste both your time and mine on such a trivial topic. The idea that you are willing to respond to my rant speaks volumes as to the state of our current ability to question the higher powers. Why should we be subject to such mediums as internet forums when discussing matters of business? They took money from me that I did not authorise. I actually complained and have subsequently received a full refund and an apology. I suggest you seek out the same.

Kind of regards,

Jonny

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jonny 

You're damn right I don't work for NOW. The fact you posted on a community forum, it was a matter of time for fellow customers to reply and also try point you in the right direction for the information. 

Personally I don't need any type of refund for boost as I use it for the ad removal for on demand content. Getting 1080p and 5.1 sound on my Apple TV/Sony TV.

As for me posting on here, call it sad or whatever, but I find it to be a nice pass time and when I can it is good to help others out. The helping others is what you will find other users such as @redchiz1 trying to do. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help