cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP007
Advocate

Challenges Cancelling Service

Hello all

I cancelled my now TV movies subscription on 01/01/2024 so that I was not charged on 02/01/2924 and in spite of the form telling me I had cancelled my subscription, it transpires that I was charged on 02/01/2024 and my subscription is still active. 

It would be really nice to either talk to someone about this or at the very least, email a team to discuss.

Any thoughts / advice from anyone as not happy that my account was charged and is still live, but really unhappy about how difficult they have made it to actually make contact.

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

@MP007 Did you get an email confirmation? You need to go through several steps of "are you sure?" before the service is truly cancelled.

You can get in touch with an agent by using the green Chat online button near the top of the page here

@MP007 having the same issue and the chat not doesn't know what I'm talking about it's absolutely useless. I might have to ask the bank to pull the payments and block them then pay for broadband manually

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Annoyed9999999 

The chat service is for NOW TV customers only, for broadband you need to call 0330 332 3050.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

@Annoyed9999999 no, your issue is completely different.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Annoyed9999999 

You don’t use the bot for broadband, see the post from @redchiz1 who has broadband the number to call. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Annoyed9999999 

See the thread you started for my reply to speak with staff in relation to TV memberships.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/I-cancelled-deleted-emails-as-I-always-do/td-p/617381

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@MP007 

Although the renewal is dated 02/01/2024, a cancellation on 01/01/2024 will sometimes be too late, as the billing cycle may have already started.

The difference between this and a failure to cancel can be seen by going into your account and looking at the Membership in question, and seeing whether it still shows a next payment date or not.

If you cancelled successfully, but too late, Live Chat should refund you. Take care not to tangle with the Nowbot, which can only lead to frustration.

For the future, when intending to cancel, don’t leave it till the last minute (or even the last day!) unless this is absolutely unavoidable. You could have cancelled this any time on or after 03/12/2023, and it would still have kept running for you until that next renewal date of 02/01/2024.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.