cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike1
Advocate

Cancelling and subscriptions do not appear on my account for me to do so.

Help. My subscription for Now Sport concluded at the end of December. I forgot that it automatically carries on, at the normal higher level unless I cancelled the direct debit, which I forgot to do' Looking at my bank statement, money has been taken for both Sports and Boost (which I never subscribed to in the first place).  

I went to my account to cancel them both, but they are not listed there. My bank has said that I needed to cancel through Now and that the bank cannot do so.

I have spent hours talking to bots, looking for phone numbers that are not in existence and becoming very frustrated that something which could be sorted in minutes is taking so long, with no progress.

I do not understand why I can't talk to a human. If you have any ideas, please do let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Mike1 

Any memberships should most definitely be showing in My Account, have you perhaps had different accounts with NOW in the past? You can bypass the bot by clicking on the green Chat online button near the top of the page here which should get you straight through to an agent, human as well! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Mike1 

Any memberships should most definitely be showing in My Account, have you perhaps had different accounts with NOW in the past? You can bypass the bot by clicking on the green Chat online button near the top of the page here which should get you straight through to an agent, human as well! 

Mike1
Advocate

Thanks. I managed to finally resolve the issue. It was frustrating to have to raise it as a complaint in order to do so, as it could have been sorted quickly. The person on the Chat was excellent which made me feel a lot better after what seemed a merry go round before that.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mike1 

There are other ways to get to live chat through the How to Contact Us link but it's making sure not to go to the request a refund page as you will be presented with a super unhelpful 'Chat Bot' button. What you need is to use any of the other options to get a drop down called 'How to get in touch'.

Personally this feels sneaky as not everyone will pay attention to that and it should just be visible. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Mike1 

I’m glad you have now sorted your problem with these payments (a second account? an account set up through a third party?) but any card issuer asked to cancel a CPA, which is what Now use, can and must cancel it at your request, without reference to the payee. And if further payments go out, then it is the card issuer, not the customer, who is liable to pay them.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-stories/continuous-payment-authorities-it-your-right-cancel

You might want to inform your bank of this for the future, or possibly to move to one that knows what it’s doing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.