cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janscot

Cancellation

Started a membership with Now yesterday. My reason for joining was to watch a particular show. It’s not on Now but Hayu, another £5. Wasn’t prepared to pay anymore so have cancelled. 
It seems they are going to take 6months subscription anyway! Surely by law there is a cooling off period. I am not feeling cool with this at all! Anyone shed light on this please?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Janscot 

Best to speak to staff via live chat by clicking the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down for live chat. Just make sure you’re signed in.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/feedback-complaints

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Janscot
I did try but it was a bot! Thanks though.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Janscot 

If you’re getting the bot, then you aren’t following the steps I told you to get to live chat.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Janscot
I do apologise but haven’t tried your suggestion yet. Thanks
RoyB
Legend

@Janscot 

There’s no such thing as a generic Now membership; it’s Cinema, Entertainment, Sports or Hayu, so I guess you bought the wrong one at first. But I’m sure Now will give it back.

If you just want Hayu though, you can subscribe to it in its own right, completely independent of Now, if you have a device that supports it, and it seems to be more glitch-free than Hayu vis Now.

Go back and try @gavs82008‘s advice again, and ignore the bot this time. You are looking for Live Chat, not for Get Help Quicker. Avoid that,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.