cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dg51
Advocate

Blocked email because of NOW tv

Hi guys my sky email is currently blocked. After contacting Sky twice they say it is because I had a NOW account when i was with Sky 3 years ago but because i am no longer a sky user NOW have put a block on my email and I need to talk to NOW to unblock my Sky email?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dg51 

Bit of a long shot, but have you gone into your NOW online account and switched Broadband Buddy off ?

Otherwise get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team.

dg51
Advocate

@schnapps Thanks for the response, my bb is supplied via BT/EE so i don't use broadband buddy.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dg51 

Just for clarification are you talking about you can't use your Sky email address has the email address for the NOW streaming service ?

Or you can't read or send any emails in your Sky email service you use since joining NOW Broadband ?

dg51
Advocate

@schnapps 

@schnapps Thanks for the response. I cannot access my Sky/Yahoo email as it is locked. Sky say Now have locked it, Now say they haven't locked it. Nothing has changed in 2 years how i use my email or access or use Now. It came out of the blue

Jayach
Elite 3

There is no way Now can put a block on your Sky email address, typical rubbish from the Sky agents when it comes to email.

If you are getting a message that your email is "locked" (not blocked), there are many similar reports on the Sky email forum. See if anything there helps.

Email Help & Security | Sky Community

dg51
Advocate

@schnapps 

@schnapps 

@Jayach Thanks for the reply, i have been trawling through them one by one but nothing so far

Jayach
Elite 3

@dg51 wrote:
@Jayach Thanks for the reply, i have been trawling through them one by one but nothing so far

For this latest spate of locked accounts, changing the password seems to clear it, so have you tried that?
https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/email

dg51
Advocate

@Jayach Hi

Cant change password by email because the receiving email is locked

Jayach
Elite 3

@dg51 wrote:

@Jayach Hi

Cant change password by email because the receiving email is locked

The password reset email should go to your alternative email, not your Sky email, and you can set a new security question and then use that to change the password.

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/sky-id

Sky reset password.png