cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chippy17
Advocate

Being charged for Spoirts Mobile I did not sign up for

I am being charged for a Sports Mobilke Membership that I did not sign up for. I got a mail on Sep 22 stating

"To say thank you for being a loyal member to NOW’s Day Membership, we wanted to give you another opportunity to try out your NOW Sports Mobile Membership; so we’ve extended your NOW Sports Mobile Membership by twelve months at no additional cost.

You don’t need to do anything – the extension has already been applied for you. And don’t worry – at the end of the twelve months your membership will automatically be cancelled, so you won’t be charged anything. "

I have found that since Sep 23 I have been charged £9.99 a month.

Have tried to contact but the chatbot keeps saying "waiting to chat - will be with you in a jiffy".

Anyone know how to get in contact with these guys?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chippy17 

You want live chat to speak with staff. Make sure to be signed in and use the 'How to get in touch' drop down.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chippy17 

You want live chat to speak with staff. Make sure to be signed in and use the 'How to get in touch' drop down.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

Chippy17
Advocate

Tried that and been waiting for 1 hour whilst "waiting to chat".

I think a letter to Ofcom will be getting sent

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chippy17 

Try another browser or deleting the cookies and data. I’ve never usually had any problems with getting to live chat within minutes.

RoyB
Legend

@Chippy17 

Did you buy the Day membership mentioned? If not, your account has been hacked 😢

But if you did, then you get the Sports Mobile membership given to you as described, and you don’t pay for it.

A Sports Mobile Membership, if you have been running one for years, since you can no longer buy one and only existing members can continue it, will cost £9.99 a month. In which case, if you are still being charged that for this, then this is a mistake, and you do need to speak to Live Chat to get it sorted,

However, if you didn’t have a pre-existing Mobile Sports membership, then this won’t have been the issue. Have you got an Entertainment membership, or a Cinema one? These each cost £9.99

You can look on your account to see if you have either of these (even if unexpected).

Alternatively, look at your card or bank statement, at these £9.99 payments, see who is being paid, Now/Sky or some other third party, and if the transaction code contains SPRT, ENTS or CINEMA, or close relatives of these codes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.