cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NowMe
Advocate

Being charged 3 time

I've signed up to NOW 2 weeks ago and was immediately charged £9.99.

A week later I was charged additional £9.99 for 'NOW Cinema'

And today another £6.99 for NOW bonus.

Why? What are these additional charges, why was I not told about them earlier and why are they just keep popping up when all I believed I signed up for was a simple £9.99 a month?

Can anyone explain what is going on, or better still, how to get my money back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@NowMe did you sign up to an offer on the website? If you did, the offer would have included a free trial of cinema and boost.

If you don't remove the free trials at the time of purchase, or cancel them after purchase, then they start charging the advertised rate when the free trial expires.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Saint1976
Elite 3

@NowMe did you sign up to an offer on the website? If you did, the offer would have included a free trial of cinema and boost.

If you don't remove the free trials at the time of purchase, or cancel them after purchase, then they start charging the advertised rate when the free trial expires.

NowMe
Advocate

I don't know where to find these and where to remove them?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@NowMe when signed in here click on the little avatar next to the question mark in the top right hand corner. A menu will appear. Click on 'manage NOW account' and a new page will open. Click on 'Now membership'.

All your memberships will be listed. If you don't want particular memberships click on 'cancel membership'. There will be several screens saying 'are you sure' but keep clicking on cancel until you get a confirmation screen AND a confirmation email.

You need to cancel each of the memberships you don't want individually.

NowMe
Advocate

that was very helpful - thank you so much!

RoyB
Legend

@NowMe 

Also, get on to Live Chat, and ask politely for the unexpected payments to be refunded. Now will usually give them back in cases like this.

Chat online

From there, you can contact Now via Live Chat.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
NowMe
Advocate

Thank you! I will try!

Yesterday I got on to chat, someone asked for my name and email and an hour later had still not continued the conversation. I will try again!! 🙂

Rachel5051
Observer

I tried that but they refused! I'm cancelling my broadband with them as the way they do this is sneaky. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Rachel5051 

If your TV membership(s) are not part of your broadband package then cancelling it won’t have any effect on the TV membership(s).

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

I think @Rachel5051 means this more as a punishment than anything else 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.