cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amplidyne
Mentor

Accidentally made two accounts (I think)

I don't know if this is in the right place or not. Sorry if it's wrong.
I ended my membership of NowTV a couple of years ago. In July I received an offer of 1£ a month for three months so I thought I'd go ahead with it. 

However it wouldn't accept mu original membership details, so I made a new membership using my original user email, and a new password. It accepted this.

I logged in using a tablet app and was able to access the content via a Chromecast. Great. Then today I tried to set up a new smart TV to replace the old one. It'll only accept the old membership password ,which gives me no current membership.

It won't accept the new membership password which has been working for a month or so, up until now.

This is the old account I'm using now, with no paid up membership. 

So I can't access the new account either to view content, or to stop payments happening.

What can I do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Amplidyne 

Cheers, glad to hear it!

And if you can kindly mark my posting as your Accepted Solution, it will help others in the future who may have the same problem.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Amplidyne 

So you have two memberships with the same email address used as your Id on each, but different passwords?

Now should not have allowed that to happen; and your smart TV Now app is only seeing the original account, and not looking for another with the same email address, at a guess.

On my account, I can either give my email address, or a Sky Id I got years ago; you may have the same, though it would only work for your older account, so it wouldn’t help here.

But it might explain how you could get two accounts with the same email address.

Your best bet is to get onto Live Chat and have them delete the older account, or rename it, or whatever will cause the duplicated email address issue to go away.

Chat online

From that link, you can contact Now via Live Chat.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but all the Nowbot can bring you on this issue is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Amplidyne
Mentor

Thanks Roy. I'll try that and let the board know how I got on. 👍

Amplidyne
Mentor

The chat guy sorted me out. It was a bit long winded, but it was that sort of problem. New email addy for the new account. 

Thanks for the help again Roy,

RoyB
Legend

@Amplidyne 

Cheers, glad to hear it!

And if you can kindly mark my posting as your Accepted Solution, it will help others in the future who may have the same problem.