cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnsnower
Advocate

1 off purchase becomes 9 month subscription??

I bought the lfc Vs Newcastle as a one off payment this weekend. However I just got the below email which suggests I’ve been enrolled in a 9 month subscription, I’m assuming this is an error? As it’s a pretty alarming if not, I do not consent to buy something without permission or request first.

the email I received said

Enjoy your NOW Sports Mobile Membership Hi Adam, Thanks for your recent bundle purchase, which included a NOW Sports Mobile Membership for 9 months. We just wanted to confirm that your membership has now been added to your account. You don’t need to do anything – it’s ready and waiting for you, so you can simply log in to the NOW app and start watching. And don’t worry – at the end of the 9 months your membership will automatically be cancelled, so you won’t be charged anything. Your NOW Sports Mobile Membership will end 9 months from today.

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Johnsnower 

It is a free of charge mobile membership that will last 9 months. 

If you don't want to keep the mobile membership you can cancel whenever you want within the 9 months and you wont be charged a penny. After the 9 months if you choose to keep it then it is £9.99 a month.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Johnsnower
Advocate

I don't consent to going into a £9.99 a month contract at any point now or in the future, i dont understand why the burden is on me to remember something 3/4 a year in the future to prevent being billed on something I not only didnt agree to or wants.

I cant even cancel it now their is NO OPTION in the membership https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/membership

This is some top level shilling, please let me know how to prevent being billed in the future your suggestion doesnt give me that option

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Johnsnower 

When you get the mobile membership you can simply cancel, it doesn't cost you anything for 9 months! The mobile membership will take up to 10 days to arrive on your account, so when it becomes available you can cancel whenever you want and it wont cost you anything.

My post to you was not a suggestion, it was telling you what happens with the mobile membership and that it is free for 9 months. 

Also on the offers section the Day membership for sports is also indicated with a free 9 month mobile membership.

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase

DAY + MOBILE MONTH MEMBERSHIP

£11.98

One-off payment

Access Sky Sports for 24 hours
Receive a 9-month Mobile Month Membership within 10 working days - stream 5 channels including Sky Sports Premier League on your smartphone

Johnsnower
Advocate

Awful experience "it was telling you what happens" I love being "told" whats "happening" great customer experience and response..

So the fix is for anyone else to set a reminder in 10 days to cancel an auto subscription...

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Johnsnower 

For your information I am just a customer like you, so I am just trying to help by telling you how the offer works. 

How you deal with the mobile membership is up to you. 

RoyB
Legend

@Johnsnower 

I think you missed the bit of the email you quoted which said:-

‘And don’t worry – at the end of the 9 months your membership will automatically be cancelled, so you won’t be charged anything.”

Which implies it will stop without you doing anything at all, and without you being charged anything at all. 

(Edit: just call me Little Sir Echo)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RMM71
Scholar 2

@Johnsnower 

You yourself have posted: "And don’t worry – at the end of the 9 months your membership will automatically be cancelled, so you won’t be charged anything."

It's the penultimate sentence in your original post.