cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

update required

yesterday i used the app on my iphone to play a program, today i have tried to get on the app and recieved a message "update required, sorry this version of now tv application is no longer supported, please visit the itunes store to update to the latest version" "ok"

select OK and update, it then says dowload an older version of this app, the current one requires ios 7 which you do not have so dowload a compatible older version, which i do and it installs, go back to the icon to watch and get the same again

any help would be appreciated

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same message , updated the app and now it says I have reached the maximum devices allowed as it now thinks my iPad which I updated the app on is a new device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did the update and now it says I don't have any passes?!?

i paid all at the beginning of the month and now it won't recognise me

dont know how to contact now tv to ask what to do

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same message on my ipad2. It says download older version but their isn't one and just going around in circles. It now appears that unless i update my ipad i can no longer watch  Now TV.

add to this that i am lucky to get my Now tv box to work  maybe twice a week i think it is time for me to change suppliers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for posting, sorry to hear you're having some issues here. Are you still having problems with the iPad? Can you try deleting the app and then re-installing for me. Also what problems are you having with the NOW TV box? Hopefully we can get that running smoother for you too. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to view on your Chromecast.

Can you please let us know if this error message appears on the device you are trying to cast from or on the TV itself?

Can you please uninstall and reinstall the app?

Is it the software update to iOS which you needed to do?

If you are still experiencing this issue can you send us a screenshot of the message you receive?

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi Karl

yes i think it is the software update to iOS which i needed to do

i have uninstalled and re-installed on the phone, but the same thing happens, i have uninstalled and updated in Itunes and tried to sync my phone, but get a message saying they were not installed because they are not compatible with this Iphone!

but when i have uninstalled and re-installed on the phone it says i need to get an older version of now tv - download

but this just takes me back to where i started

going round in circles

i do not want to particularly get a new phone to get the lateset ios and if i do how long will that one last?

thank you for the help (so far)  

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please let me know what iOS you are currently running? 

Are you also able to let me know the model of your iPhone? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Karl

My ios is 6.1.6

And it is an iPhone 3gs model no a1303

Thanks again