cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor on the iPad version when compared to the PC/MAC?

Sound quality is poor compared to the PC/MAC playback ect. Are you ging to improve the iPad app anytime soon?

124 REPLIES 124
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same for me. It's All films
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since both Tom I have no problems (I think the sounds is too low but that's not the issue here) and I use the iPad 90% of the time then I wonder if we might identify if it is an model problem.

could we list our iPads?

mine is an iPad 3 basic model and all works well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ipad 3 retina, bought when they first came out.  32GB, no 3G.  All films, headphones only though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can you tell us which films you've tried though please? I realise it's all in your experience, but just list a couple. A lot that I've tested myself are fine.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's all listed on previous posts tom. Dredd, total recall...literally all of them. It's not isolated to film. It's either stream quality, platform/device specific or something else. No other streaming service has the same issue. At all. So it has to be about delivery or device specific behaviour from your end.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already given my iPad model - it's the new Air. I agree with Claspers - this doesn't happen on Netflix, BBC iplayer, ITV player, 4oD or 5 on demand apps - only Now Tv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using 16g ipad mini 1. Shame I can't post pictures on this so I could also show you the VHS quality stream on my iMac. I have canceled my subscription now as my tolerance level has reached its limit. I wish all the best to the guys sticking with it. I will leave you all to your fuzzy screens, sound, and eventually fuzzy senses A substandard service at best
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience whilst we looked into this.

There’s currently work underway to improve the sound quality of NOW TV on iPhone, iPod and iPad.

We’re aiming to implement this as soon as possible and will update you here when there’s news.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Just wanted to add that I also have the sound problem. I just signed up today but noticed the problem almost immediately. Picture is fine but sound is uncharacteristically hollow and tinny (no other way to describe it) on all films. I don't find the same problem with Netflix or LoveFilm.

A few years ago, when streaming first took off, this sort of problem was usually caused by limted bandwidth.

I'm using a retina iPad with plenty of bandwidth.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue on the iPad - I've tried various films and it's the same thing - very tinny sound.

The volume is fine, but the quality is terrible. I'm also experiencing some picture stuttering as well.

It is not a wi-fi issue, because Netflix, Lovefilm etc. all run perfectly well on the iPad, and NowTV runs perfectly on my Xbox 360 and also on the NowTV box itself, so it definitely is an iPad app issue.

Thanks

Daniel