cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor on the iPad version when compared to the PC/MAC?

Sound quality is poor compared to the PC/MAC playback ect. Are you ging to improve the iPad app anytime soon?

124 REPLIES 124
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I seem to be having a similar problem with the iPad sound, although it is only very noticable through the headphones. - (I've tried the obvious stuff, including testing the hardware with competitors and reinstalling the app).

It sounds like everything has a slight echo to it.  (not to mention the 'too quiet' issue when played without headphones)

Note - I don't get this issue with (the same) headphones watching now tv through my macbook.

Hope that helps narrow down the issue.

(iPad 3, latest software)

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, yes that makes a lot of sense. It's a shame that customers are helping narrow down the issue but the developers and managers for sky really don't seem to give a monkeys. The responses since I first logged this issue have been fairly loose at best (our developers are looking into the issue....for two months??). If it were my developer team I would take pride in driving the to solve this issue but sadly sky seem to take pride in gaining money for a sub standard ipad experience. Go sky developers! 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

demanded a refund and got it i suggest you do the same. offcom here i come !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Developers are obviously second rate but not as bad as the sales men !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Could you each give me two examples of pieces of content that this occurs with? And also, if you find any that it doesn't occur with, those too.

We're doing what we can to investigate this, but have been unable to replicate the issue so far which makes it really tricky to identify.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you short of engineers ?

Buy an ipad/Ipad mini plug som earphones into it and play anything you like. Especiallly Alan partridge series. 

There you have your answer.

My rates are £500 per day. but if you need any help but my 6 year old neice is available, she should be able to work this one out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's no need to be like that Barsweat. I sat and tested several films on my own iPad the other day in an effort to help, and didn't experience it on any. Thanks for telling us about Alan Partridge, any ideas which episodes?

Cheers,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's ok, I tested I'm Alan Partridge, season 2 episode 1 and see what you mean. Any other examples from people would be great, thanks!

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well…… 🙂

All of the mid morning matters ones are poor. But every film I tried to play was the same and I have tried it on a Bose headset and apple earphones so its not them.

Running the latest iOS on the iPad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid it's most films I watch - they all sound tinny / echoey. Try Avengers Assemble - quite noticeable on that.
Thanks