cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor on the iPad version when compared to the PC/MAC?

Sound quality is poor compared to the PC/MAC playback ect. Are you ging to improve the iPad app anytime soon?

124 REPLIES 124
Anonymous User
Not applicable
All you need to do is point the iPad to the 720p streams. If it's a licensing thing then let us know so we aren't wasting our time waiting for an update.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tom-R that response really isn't good enough. I commented about this at the beginning of this year and throughout the year I've seen the same excuses given. I think it's time you raised this up the management chain and say that service users are wanting an explanation. It's time someone from behind an executive desk comes forward and offers a full explanation with a timescale involved.

There have been more technical explanations offered by users commenting on this forum than what's come forward from yourselves. So far, you've happily taken over £100 of subscription charges from me and continue to provide the same lame excuses in attempts to placate us for longer.

It's time for someone to own up - this boils down to money! Your company won't pay for what it takes to put this right for iPad users, which is unacceptable. You charge more than Netflix who's picture & sound are excellent and even BBC iPlayer gets it right. NowTV have recently increased their subscription charge so how long must iPad users have to put up with a substandard level of service? Please don't come back with the usual "Lines To Take" as it's becoming somewhat patronising now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Having read through this thread as @Anonymous User has pointed out, this has been an issue for a good year. I can't understand why NOW TV are having such difficulty in resolving it. As has already been posted, other streaming services deliver acceptable sound quality. Is there something intrinsically different about the way in which NOW TV streams/ encodes its content which is causing such a delay without even a vague timescale available as to when the problem will be resolved?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with @Anonymous User - the sound quality on now tv is appalling. I want to because of the great shows on here, but I won't be renewing of this isn't resolved - it seriously degrades enjoyment of the content. This isn't a technical issue in that it isn't possible to solve, and frankly no timescale isn't acceptable for an issue that is quite serious honestly. Shame. Netflix and prime have no such issues but they don't have the great content you have. But I would rather not have the great content if it is ruined by poor sound. Reminds me of 96k tunes from the early noughties.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue and it's frustrating to see that this is not a new problem...

Sound on my iPad (mini) and iPhone (6) is so bad that you can hear how tinny it is, even through the built-in speakers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Your encodes for mobile devices are messed up. The audio quality is ridiculously low. I work for a digital lab in London where we encode movies and TV for similar services and something like this would never get through our quality control. I would guess somebody has muffed up the workflow and now fixing would involve re-encoding your entire library. But since some versions of your encodes have good sound this might be easier to rescue than you think. Shameless plug but call us if you like - Soho Digital Cinema. I'm sure we'd love to work with NowTV to sort this out once and for all. But either way I hope you fix this. NowTV has great content. Just let down by poor audio. Please listen to your customers!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So pages and pages of complaining customers and nothing from now TV in response.

i agree the sound is tinny and my Apple TV device isn't playing half of what the offer. 

This is service of a poor quality and now TV seems not to care - just takes out money.

wont be recommdong this service unless we hear something sensible instead of being blanked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Our Community manager has replied to this post here and here.

We understand that this may be frustrating, but we're working on it. 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Please could you explain how that answers me. Firstly I already read this message. It's in this thread.

secondly, my message is dated Aug 2015 - the reply you direct me to was posted 27/11/2014. Pre dating my message by NINE months. 

Are you really telling me that this service I'm paying for (that sounds atrocious) - the best reply you can offer is that nine months ago you knew about this & have no idea when it will be fixed? 

Its embrassing. Not only does this service (on iPad) sound broken but your reply to my request for an update is that in nearly a year you haven't sorted it & frankly have no idea when we will even get around to it?

Really...?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I wish I could go into detail, but unfortunately I can't. The issue isn't the quality we encode the content at, but something else which is dependent on a number of other factors.

I've contacted our technical team again to ask if there's any progress in sight, and will get back to you when I get a response.

Thanks,

Tom