cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor on the iPad version when compared to the PC/MAC?

Sound quality is poor compared to the PC/MAC playback ect. Are you ging to improve the iPad app anytime soon?

124 REPLIES 124
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor compared to other DVD/rental sites on iPad...eg love film and Netflix....is this something that is going to be looked into soon?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bandit,

Thanks for your post.

When you say sound quality, do you mean the volume of the movie or the playback itself?

Regards,

Catherine

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why is the sound quality so poor compared to other DVD/rental sites on iPad...eg love film and Netflix....is this something that is going to be looked into soon?

Hi Bandit,

We have moved your question to this thread.

Could you please see if anything posted here helps?

Could you also provide me with some more details on the nature of the error?

Regards,

Si,

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sound on the iPad version sound like it is sample rate issue, it sounds very low fi with phase issues which is normaly a sample rate issue. This is not a network issue or speed issue. On a Macbook pro with the same head phones on the same network & same film sound sounds great.

It should take a half decent programmer a day or two to sort this.

Jon T.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear sound,

have you checked the sound settings (Settings -> Music -> Volume Limit)?

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sound,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are always updating our NOW TV app and looking for ways to improve the service.

Due to teh nature of wireless connectivety we always advise against it when using NOW TV. It is possible that important information is being dropped if you are far away from your router. Please make sure you are as close as possible to prevent any potential quality issues.

Please also make sure you are not using your 3G network if you have a compaible iPad.

Alternatively, could I ask you to try deleting the app and reinstalling it please?

I hope this helps,

Thanks

Farzana

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sound on now TV is too quiet compared to othdue programmes. Nothing to do with my ipad as have to turn the sound down on BBC etc.

chris

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi chris1949,

Thank you for your thoughts on NOW TV playback on an iPad.

We are always looking for new ways to improve our service, this could be a feature we implement in the future so please keep your eye on our NOW TV News board for the latest info.

Regards,

James T

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the sound from NOW TV is far too quiet on my ipad. It not  my device as do not have this problem with any thing else, is something doing to be done about this soon..   Christine Smyth   Thanks