cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor on the iPad version when compared to the PC/MAC?

Sound quality is poor compared to the PC/MAC playback ect. Are you ging to improve the iPad app anytime soon?

124 REPLIES 124
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Claspers,

Is this still happening or has it got any better?

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched a film on my iPad 4 yesterday, it is still a problem.

At times the digital compression artefacts were quite noticeable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes still awful. Has anything changed?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, I was just checking as I've spoken to the iOS development team and they're looking into this, just wanted to make sure it was still happening.

Will post back when I get any news.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Going back to netflix ... One customer gone how many will follow ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just started a free trial today and how dreadful is the sound on this!! I don't have these issues on Netflix or BBC iplayer. I'm on an ipad air with 60mb broadband and sat in the same room as the router - it's clearly the app. Can't believe this issue has been going on for so long - They need to get this fixed otherwise I won't be staying beyond the trial!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Silkysuzi,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

The difference in sound quality you are experiencing is due to the fact that the stream quality we output for each device is different. Check here for stream quality available for each device.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well they why even stream it to ipads ! Smiley Frustrated

Im sorry the car you have bought from us is slow but it depends if we put concrete tyres on it. You will find out once you have paid your money and rolled out of the garage.... Have a nice day Smiley Wink

Come on Aaron ...... you can offer better than that 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's a truly laughable and dismissive reply. If my tv sounded like I was listening to it via a tin can..from a distance ...with tinnitus ..then maybe I would believe the answer. But given I can watch tv without getting instantly p d off with the sound...you really need to try harder. SD quality is not SD unless you mean the S stands for something brown and stinky!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Barsweat and Claspers,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties!

As stated above, we are aware of this and are working with our developers to improve this for our customers. Apologies you feel this way, however please do keep an eye out for any updates or news in regards to this!

In the meantime, please feel free to have a look at our supported devices available on NOW TV, should you be interested in watching on any other devices.

Apologies again and happy new year.

Sal

NOW TV Team