cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor on the iPad version when compared to the PC/MAC?

Sound quality is poor compared to the PC/MAC playback ect. Are you ging to improve the iPad app anytime soon?

124 REPLIES 124
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not a volume issue. It's quality I'm asking about. App updated today and STILL sounds like it's coming through a tin speaker with echo and poor quality
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User this is a weird one.

Replicating this Im not quite sure what or why you're having this issue.

@Anonymous User are you still not getting any sound?

Thanks a lot.

Char

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this sound quality issue as well, on my iPad 4. It was fine a few updates ago, but after an app update, it got worse.  The sound is like it has been compressed to hell - probably 48-64 kbits/sec. It should be encoded at 128 kbits/sec as a minimum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi screenaddict,

That sounds odd that it has gotten worse since the latest update. There were no changes made to sound quality.

Can I ask what you were watching when you had noticed the drop in sound quality?

Does it sound the same across all content or is it specific to a certain section like Movies, Entertainment or Sports.

Many thanks,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A couple of films last week sorry can't remember which ones but the sound has a sort of sibiliant whistling sound to it a bit like low bit rate mp3 music used to sound like. 

It's just that I seem to recall an earlier version of the NowTV app sounded better, hence assumed something must have changed in the App during one of the recent updates

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me, screenaddict.

Have you tried any movies since on your iPad? Does it still give the same sound quality?

Cheers,

Shannon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just tried Abraham Lincoln, dredd, enter the dragon as a random sample. All just as bad. It's like listening to a radio that if just a tiny bit off station. As if the sample rate is too low. No issue with volume still. Mines ipad latest version etc.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

No I haven't watched a film on the iPad since, as I tend to prefer watching NowTV films on the big screen anyway so I use my Roku box more.

I will test again later, but I think given that a number of people are complaining the same issue, that although nothing was supposedly changed in the lat IOS update of the NowTV app, I suggest your programmers check the code carefully as maybe some bug was introduced, or some variable inadvertently altered whilst they were modifying the code which has had the effect of playback the video streams with a more compressed audio track.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Appreciate the feedback a lot,

I'll get this information forwarded on for you to see if we can find a route cause for this

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Any news? Is it safe to try listening to a film yet or will my ears still bleed 😉