cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is the sound quality so poor on the iPad version when compared to the PC/MAC?

Sound quality is poor compared to the PC/MAC playback ect. Are you ging to improve the iPad app anytime soon?

124 REPLIES 124
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris1949,

Thanks for your post.

It maybe that uninstalling and re-installing the App helps with this issue, alternatively you could check the sound settings (Settings -> Music -> Volume Limit.)

Hope this helps

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing to do with settings, no problem hearing anything else on my ipad. Also tried deleting app and reinstalling App. No difference whatsoever. It is something with your programme that needs sorting out and not wasting people's time suggesting the above.. Try love film, BBC iplayer and any other programme and you will see that the sound is ok.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris1949,

Sorry for your trouble with the service, Thanks for your post though.

We have found that a small number of community Users do report sound issues on the iPad.

However most of those seem to be fixed by trying the suggestions in this thread.

If you still feel that this is something we need to look into please know that we are always looking for new ways to improve the service and welcome community Users to post suggestions in the My Ideas board.

If a similar idea has already been suggested please show your support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For gods sake !! accept that the sound runs quiet on all formats, xbox, PC, iPad. Reinstalling does not solve the problem. An answer from someone who has no idea

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The sound quality on my iPad is a bit tinny on playback of the Now app. If it was on a ordinary computer I would say that the codecs weren't quite right.

Has anyone else experienced this/fixed it?

Thanks<

James

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi JPC,

Thanks for your feedback, It maybe that uninstalling and reinstalling the App may improve this, alternatively you could try some of the methods suggested in this thread.

Hope this helps

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Nope that doesn't work. Ipad 3. Stupidly fast wireless, no issues with ps3 playback yet on every film I watch on the ipad, the sound is slightly echoing and hazy. V poor actually. If the team don't feel its important enough to take seriously (instead of using the stock "turn it on and off again" answer...well I might just uninstall my subscription and not reinstall it again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't find any problem on my iPad 3.

nor has it been widely reported.

I would follow through with some of the suggestions given.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If you can point me to those suggestions and they are not just to reinstall the app (which I have tried to no avail) then great. My point is, I have the problem. So do others. Is there a solution? Just because you don't doesn't mean it doesn't exist!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app updated today. I now have sound problems as well. Not quality just lack of sensible volume.