cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, you've already used this month's allowance for adding new devices, ...

I went to watch now tv on my iPad as I mainly do and it came up with the notice that I have reached my allowance, but I have always had it on this device and never removed it. My registered devices even states iOS on there and yet it does not let me watch from my iPad.

i have added devices recently but why would I no longer be able to watch on a device that is still registered and has always been. 

Even more annoying is that this is the main device I watch from and will be the only one I will watch from for the next month making any subscription useless if I can't watch from this device 

136 REPLIES 136
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem with my iPad mini, was worng fine and then the next day I got the maximum number of devices error. The only way to resolve it was t delete it and then add it back. This now means that I cannot replace my dead NowTV box with an new one until March because of the problem with the iPad. Is there my way to allow me to add a new NowTV box to my account as this fault with the the iPad means waiting until March. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problems you experienced.

It looks like you were able to get this all resolved.

If you need further help, just let us know.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got a similar issue, running the app on my iPad and I cannot cast to my chrome cast, and when I installed the app on my pixel phone it runs and casts ok except nothing streams as it says I've used all my devices for this month. Now I can't cast to the tv at all. Unless you can somehow make the iPad app work 🙂

Any help?

Thx

Nic

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you may or may not be aware, the NOW TV service permits you to register up-to four playback devices and view their service on up-to two. Ordinarily you can change one registered device per month. You can find out which devices you currently have registered by selecting the: 'My Account' button and accessing 'Manage Devices'.

That being said, for 'forced' device limit resetting you will need contact a NOW TV representative, which can be done via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility (but please be aware they are not obliged to perform this service). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem with my iPad mini, was worng fine and then the next day I got the maximum number of devices error. The only way to resolve it was t delete it and then add it back. This now means that I cannot replace my dead NowTV box with an new one until March because of the problem with the iPad. Is there my way to allow me to add a new NowTV box to my account as this fault with the the iPad means waiting until March.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You can either wait for a member of the NOW TV Team to pick up your post and they will look into this for you (might take a day or two if they are particularly busy). Or if your need is urgent you could have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can reset your devices for you. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well, funny you should say that. I also sent an email to the support at half past ten last night and by midnight someone had resolved the problem, which now means I can now replace my dead nowtv box with a new one.

Top marks to the NowTV support team. I really don't expect such a quick resolution over a weekend at that kind of time.

Thanks for your reply and thanks to the support team 👍🏻
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad to hear you are sorted! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue and I'm still waiting for a resolution I hope to be as lucky as you in your reply. I find really odd this rule. It's my account I should install and unniinstall at pleasure...

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm having the same issue and I'm still waiting for a resolution I hope to be as lucky as you in your reply. I find really odd this rule. It's my account I should install and unniinstall at pleasure...

@Anonymous User I'll sort it for you now 🙂 Give me 5 minutes and you're good to go.