cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Saved BBC iplayer login ID

I want to have BBC iPlayer on NowTV box share saved programs with NowTV app on BBC iPlayer on iPad. 

The iplayer on iPad asks for BBC ID 

Can I coordinate both players? 

I can't log into BBC iplayer on iPad with NowTV ID and password....

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your NOW TV username doesn't work on iPlayer, you need to create a BBC account here

https://www.bbc.com/register

which can can then be used to log into your iPad to store favourites etc.

Unfortunately the BBCiPlayer app on the NOW TV box hasn't been updated to allow login with BBC accounts yet, so you can't coordinate with that just yet. However BBC are updating all versions of iplayer in the first half of 2017 so you can expect the app on the NOW TV box to be updated to allow login in the coming months.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your NOW TV username doesn't work on iPlayer, you need to create a BBC account here

https://www.bbc.com/register

which can can then be used to log into your iPad to store favourites etc.

Unfortunately the BBCiPlayer app on the NOW TV box hasn't been updated to allow login with BBC accounts yet, so you can't coordinate with that just yet. However BBC are updating all versions of iplayer in the first half of 2017 so you can expect the app on the NOW TV box to be updated to allow login in the coming months.

@Andy wrote:

Just noticed today that the BBC iPlayer app (on both NOW TV and proper Roku boxes) has now been updated to allow login with BBC account credentials.