cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remember position when browsing list of shows/movies

With the iOS app, when I browse a long list of shows or movies, for example the "US Box Sets" list, and then I tap on a show to look at the details, and then I tap on the "<" at the top left of the screen to return to the list... at that point the app takes me back at the TOP of the list.

Would it be possible to change the app behaviors so that after tapping the "<" the app takes me back at the same point in the list I had scrolled down to before looking at the detail of that show?

It is very annoying when browsing a long list looking for what's available, reacing the middle of the list, looking at a show detail and then always having to scroll down looking for the exact point I did look down to in order to check what else is available.

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The < button does return to the same place in the list for me on both iPhone and iPad apps, but I do recall someone mentioning the same as you a while back so not quite sure why it might not work for you.

You can also swipe from the left to go back from the episode lists as well as using the < button, have you tried that to see if it maintains previous position for you?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion.

Swiping to the left takes me back to the top of the list as well, exactly the same as tapping "<".
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Not sure why it's not working for you then, but if you post your iPad/iPhone model number, iOS version and NOW TV app version then when the NOW TV Team pick up your post they can pass the details on to see if they can replicate the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using iOS 9.3.5 on an iPhone 6s.
NowTv app version 6.4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now using iOS 10.0.1 on the same iPhone 6s.
NowTv app version 6.5.

The issue is still there, with the list being positioned back at the top when tapping the "<" button or swiping left.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No improvement after updating the NowTV app to v6.6, still pushed to the top of the list each time I move back to a list.

This happens all the time on my iPhone 6s with latest 10.0.2 iOS, however the iPhone 5c of my wife (same versions of iOS and app) does not have the problem.

Tried to delete and reinstall the app, but no help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any chance of the iOS NowTV app developers looking into this issue outstanding since months now?

On my iPhone 6s with latest 10.1.x iOS, when browsing a list of shows, then tapping on an item to look at the item details, then going back to the list (tapping the '<' sign or swiping) I'm always bounced back to the top of the list as opposed to the same point in the list I was before. This makes it very difficult to browse long lists and search for the show that really match my interests.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

+1

ipad 2, iOS 9.3.5

just installed app... 6.8 build 1479746314

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just checked the latest release of the NowTv app (v 6.9) and the issue has been finally fixed. Moving back to a list now remembers the last position in the list.

Thanks for fixing my issue!