cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on IPad to TV?

I've looked to resolve this myself but can't seem to get it working. 

I have Now TV but the box will no longer play through my bedroom TV (not hi tech enough) so I thought ld be able to play Now TV via the app on my IPad to play on my tv. 

Ive connected it using an apple lightening digital AV adapter and HDMI cable but I keep getting a message saying they don't support HDMI streaming, yet on the Now help page it says that this should be possible.

Can anyone advise? 

Thank you 

29 REPLIES 29
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  strange it comes up as not allowed.  I don't know if this link will give you any help https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204291

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I'd already read through that info, it's a bummer 😕, don't know why it won't work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NOW TV don't support outputting to an additional screen on either iOS or Android.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I might have read this article below incorrectly, but there is a paragraph on the guide page that mentions using an IOS device with a HDMI cable to a TV ?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Airplay-Mirroring-Apple-iOS

Or is this option for purely watching with a Sports Pass ?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  in that case the help article is wrong: http://help.nowtv.com/article/Airplay-Mirroring-Apple-iOS  

quote:"

Don’t have Apple TV?
Connect your iOS device to any TV that has an HDMI port, using an HDMI cable.

Depending on the iOS device you have, the mirrored screens may be slightly different:

• iPhone 3GS/4/4S  - A black border will appear around the picture.
  • iPhone 5/6 - The picture will fit the full TV screen dimensions, in landscape mode.  "

must admit I thought it was not possible until I read this.

@Anonymous User  you might want to go on to chat and see if they can put you in touch with the tech team.  You should still catch them.  Click the red link in my signature at the end of my posts.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that is what I was trying to do and it doesn't work - throwing a tantrum here lol

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

On your Now TV box is the white light on the front of the box, is your TV screen blank when you switch on the box ?

Have you tried rebooting the box and router by disconnecting at the power mains for a minute then switching them back on again ?

If you are getting a blank screen and the white power light is on, with the TV and box switched off try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable at both ends or try a different HDMI cable.

Last resort with the TV on try a factory reset by pushing a pin for 30sec in the small reset hole on the rear of the nowtv box (before carrying out a factory reset make sure that you know your wifi password and nowtv username & password).  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schapps l've tried all that - apparently it's got something to do with the tv but l'm a bit peeved lol 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

OK, one last question with the white nowtv box are you using the HDMI cable to your TV or the Red White Yellow cable ?