cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exceptionally poor audio quality on iOS and Android devices

I wanted to chime in to state the audio quality on both my android and iOS devices( ipad, iphone, and Galaxy Note 4) are extremely poor for all content streamed through NowTV.

I am on an un-throttled 30 megabit TalkTalk broadband conection, and the same streams are fine via Roku and PC.

On the mobile devices, all other streaming services are perfectly fine, offering crystal clear audio.

I suspect Sky's encoding technology is to blame, as they are trying to squeaze far too much over as narrow a pipe as possible, to save money.

This explains why, after 3 or 4 years, they have yet to offer 5.1 channel audio, and 1080p streams, unlike 100% of their content.

Yes, iPlayer and other 'catchup' services are stereo too, but there is a clear difference - they are free!  Sky ask for £7-10 a month for NowTV! 

The only improvements to NowTV I have seen is in the TV interface. They've done exactly zero development outside of that, despite offering more capable NowTV player hardware.

I would like a solid estimate of when this issue will be resolved.

It is hard to reccomend the service for mobile playback with this issue.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue is still going on on IOS as I use it on my iPad Pro 12 it sounds like they are under water and very echoe especially when you have ear pods or head phones on! It needs to be fixed as it's been going on far to long when I use nowtv on my 49in 4K lg tv the audio is super perfect so please fix this issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is still an ongoing problem, we pay good money for such poor quality audio! Very disappointed please fix

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This very old issue is still a problem on my iPad 4 running iOS 10.0.2 with NowTV 6.6

The audio is high pitched and scratchy, and slightly garbled making some dialog very hard to hear. Works fine on my Apple TV 4 with Samsung Soundbar. 

I did wonder if it was poor wifi, but Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, my Synology NAS, iPlayer etc all play with perfect sound.

How about an option to force audio and video to high quality so that the app buffers until it has what it needs (like YouTube).

If this isn't fixed by Christmas, I'm cancelling the service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

I will pass this onto the teams to have a look at.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can ad to this list the Mac desktop app. I've just downloaded to use Now TV in my studio and the sound quality is so bad, I need to switch it off. Sounds like it's in mono and very low quality. Picture is decent, mind you. This really needs fixing as it renders the thing unwatchable.