cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Data limit reached

Hi

I use my Now Tv account on my apple tv app and my iPhone. Since today, whenever I try to watch a show on the apple tv it says 'monthly data limit reached'. I can watch a show on my iphone but when I stream it to my ATV I get a message saying that my account does not sllow mirroring'

No other devices use my account so I wondered if you can please help?

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I use my Now Tv account on my apple tv app and my iPhone. Since today, whenever I try to watch a show on the apple tv it says 'monthly data limit reached'. I can watch a show on my iphone but when I stream it to my ATV I get a message saying that my account does not sllow mirroring'

No other devices use my account so I wondered if you can please help?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

First things first. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for your Apple TV connected device?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Its Virgin

Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User which are you using mobile data or broadband?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Broadband. Speeds of 50-70mps
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User speed is not the issue. Check two things the settings on your phone. Secondly that you are on unlimited broadband.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
mark_suff
Expert

@4268 @Anonymous User  Virgin Media broadband is unlimited, I'm with them, could be a phone setting as 4268 mentioned.

Maybe the mobile phone, whilst streaming NOW TV to the Apple TV, was actually (accidentally) connected to the phone's mobile broadband connection (hence using up the mobile broadband's monthly allowance) instead of being connected to the home broadband via wi-fi without being noticed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV has it's own Now TV app so if the OP is streaming from his phone then that's not the best way to do it. Use the app and you should be fine in that case.