cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

login error with BT youview box

Hi all,

I already have a Now tv account and I`m trying to login to it on my BT youview box, using the app installed on the box.  However when I try to do this I get a meaage telling me that a username is already signed in.  It then gives me the option sign them out.  I have click on this.  then it takes me to the screen to sign in again.  I have entered my Now tv username and password.  I get the same message telling me that ********* user is already loged in.

There is no issue with the username and password for the account, 

any help please

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the error above as well, please could someone respond to the question as to how to resolve

Many Thanks

Keith 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User could you try these steps please:

Before you start you'll need to make sure everything is connected, check:

1. The YouView box is plugged in and switched on.
  2. The Aerial is connected to the Aerial In port on the back of the YouView box.
  3. There's an internet connection going to the YouView box, either by WiFi, Ethernet or Powerline adaptors.
  4. The YouView box is connected to your TV via HDMI or SCART and that the correct source / input is selected
  1. Press the YouView button on your remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System Information.
  4. Select Device Information.
  5. You’ll now see your Manufacturer, Model and Serial Number displayed on the screen.
  1. Turn the power on using the switch found on the back of the box. A red light should appear on the front panel.
  2. Press and hold the down arrow on the top of the device for 5 seconds until you see Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y:POWER) prompt. The box will flash a blue light.
  3. Press the Power button on top of the box.
  4. The box should now enter maintenance mode.

When you see the maintenance mode menu, go to Perform the reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The box works for everything else perfectly so I am not going to do what is effectively a factory reset and lose all the other settings on my box. Unless you come up with a more sensible solution within the next week I will be cancelling my subscription with Now TV. 

Regards

Keith Short 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please also check @Anonymous User that you don't have any special characters in your Password as a recent update to the Now TV app special characters no longer work. We hope to have this resolved soon however if you do please change your password so that only letters and numbers are in it until this is resolved.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I totally agree. Everything else works on the box.

Surely this is not a user fault. Action needs to come from Now tv in the form of an update to the app.

You are advertising this app for these boxes. But it does not work. In my mind that is false advertising. No one seems to care about this issue. I contacted Now tv, they said it was a BT issue.  BT told me it was a SKY TV issue and SKY told me it was a NOW TV issue.

What is going on. This is not good service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have reset my password and tried to login again only to be told exactly the same thing that I am already signed in and to sign out!

And please stop sending me stupid emails congratulating me on posting a message which you seem to be able to send with no issues !!!!!

@Anonymous User Glad you agree with me

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you guys haven't done-so already... 

Disconnect the power from your router and your YouView box. Wait 30 seconds. And re-connect the power.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have disconnected the power and still cant sign in to get any TV chanells on Now TV

What do you suggest now

Please advise

Thanks

Keith

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it means anything to anyone - I just got BT internet (ditched Sky) and I thought it made my NOW box redundant - it does NOT.  I was devastated to see how limited my NOW subscription was via BT Youview, SO, I just done what I done with Sky - plugged the NOW TV box into the back of my TV using a splitter connection as before with Sky. I tuned it into my new BT WiFi and it works exactly the same with all my Apps (You Tube), films and the entertainment package etc. I upgraded my NOW TV to Enteretainment package to make up for the loss of Sky Atlantis (Game of Thrones - ALL series).  So, forget YouView and just put your NOW TV box back in its normal place beside the telly just exactly as it was before BT.  Cheers.