cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV YouView app -watch list?

I can't find the Watchlist on the YouView NowTV app. Is there one? And if not, can we please get an update soon.

The App is kind of lacking and I'm REALLY TRYING to make NowTV easy for my elderly parents. Putting their movie choices on their watchlist for them helps... but having no easy access to the watchlist on the YouView is translating to my folks not using the service, which I may suspend soon. 

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No, unfortunately the My TV section isn't available on YouView or Apple TVs, your parents would need to search or browse through the genres/categories to find films instead. 

Whilst its its not an ideal solution you could keep an eye out on the black NOW TV boxes that come with 2 months movies, from time to time they are on special offer which makes the box free of charge once you factor in the price of the passes (they are sometimes on sale around £15,  currently Amazon have them for £18). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

I have already purchased them a now TV box with built in Freeview tuner for their bedroom. It already has its own problems with no real support for the elderly. I have sent support a letter of issues with the Now TV box. I love it, but it seems to have been designed without considering the elderly with accessibility features, such as options to increase font sizes, disable some the interface amongst other issues.

Consequently.. all they use the box for is to watch Freeview which negates the point of it...

buying another NowTV box is not an option for the reason stated above along with the fact that moving from a their current TV serervice box, to a Now TV box will mean an additional Remote and confusion with having to change inputs.. These folks are elderly: they can't grasp the concept of a multi-device remote as it really confuses them no end. They are able to use the Netflix app on a YouView but they are having a lot of difficulty with the NowTV app on the YouView. This is highly frustrating. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I appreciate your comments.

If they use the NOW TV box for watching Freeview then pressing the NOW TV button on the remote is a quick way of opening the NOW TV app without needing to find it on the homepage. From there they may be able to navigate to the My TV section. Otherwise I'm sorry I can't help you further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Yep, I taught them to press the NowTV button on the remote, but they find the navigation harder than for Netflix unfortunately. Also the Freeview tuner seems to be more delicate than the low quality Bush TV they have it attached to. Consequently, the BBC and ITV channels kept dropping out, even after I've amplified the antenna and retuned numerous times. They gave up wanting to use the device now, which saddens me. I had to remove the unit since the Freeview reliability problems. Plus I could not remove any channels from the device to keep their channel list manageable. It was just to much for them to handle. They're sticking with Netflix, but I know they would love the movie selection from the Sky movies collection. I tried 😕