cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My youview box only lets me access nowtv movies not entertainment

I'm paying for a nowtv entertainment pass but whenever I access nowtv via my youview box it only lists movies and none of the entertainment shows, I've signed in and everything but it only lists movies.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's because movies are the only content for youview to view entertainment or sports you need to view on one of the many other devices compatible with nowtv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The list of supported devices has the Youview box listed. It doesn't mention the restriction of not being able to view the Entertainment package. I phoned TalkTalk and they are sending an engineer out.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The list of supported devices has the Youview box listed. It doesn't mention the restriction of not being able to view the Entertainment package. I phoned TalkTalk and they are sending an engineer out.

The supported devices page specifically says:

Youview (see below for more information)

Watching NOW TV on YouView

• The Sky Movies live channels and some on demand movies aren’t available on YouView.
  • Entertainment isn’t available on YouView.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to add a link so here is the list of devices
http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also paying for an entertainment pass and can't use it on my you view box only allows me to watch movies. How did you get on with the engineer? Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Just to clarify an engineer won't be able to get entertainment pass working on your YouView box, NOW TV simply do not support the use of the Entertainmnet pass on the YouView platform at this point in time.

It is worth checking the list of compatible devices however as you may find you have other devices at home that you could use to watch your entertainment pass on, all other devices except YouView are good for watching entertainment with

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is correct. The engineer came to my house and could not get it working. Intersting that neither he, or the telephone support seemed to know about this.

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Just to clarify an engineer won't be able to get entertainment pass working on your YouView box, NOW TV simply do not support the use of the Entertainmnet pass on the YouView platform at this point in time.

It is worth checking the list of compatible devices however as you may find you have other devices at home that you could use to watch your entertainment pass on, all other devices except YouView are good for watching entertainment with

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since Now TV entertainment does not play on a YouView box I have to stream to my TV via my phone and Chromecast. It seems unfair that my 4 devices are used Up just because of this. I watch TV in my bedroom on my iPad, watch Films on Youview box, but to watch Entertainment on my TV it takes 2 devices up as I have to stream from my phone and chromecast, both of which are included in my 4. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you phone only counts if you also watch on the phone. If you press the cast button before playing it won't count.